OnBoard Sound HELP!!!!

Reaction score
OnBoard Sound Problems Please HELP!!!!

Hi all.

Total newbie here seeking HELP from anybody.

I recently purchased a new PC which was delivered yesterday.
It has 7.1 Channel Surround Sound Audio On-Board.
With the purchase i recieved Creative Inspire T6060 5.1 speakers.
When i tried to set them up there is nowhere to connect the speaker cable to the PC.
Do i need to purchase a seperate soundcard or am i just being plain stupid.
please HELP !!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mesh:eek:
OK i have a Mesh Audio setup guide in front of me, is the sound on-board or a seperate sound card?
Is it a desktop or laptop!!

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Kiss

... is the sound on-board
Yes ... read the first post. ;)

All plugs & sockets are "colour coded" just put the pink plug in the pink socket, put the green plug in the green socket, etc, etc ... all these should be at the rear of the PC.

Failing that, call tech support ...
laughingsmiley.gif

user.gif

Reaction score
Hi again.
The sound is on board. My old PC had the sound card coming out the back of it. This one has nothing.
Its a desktop pc as well.

Reaction score
Standard 5 Channel Sound (On Board)
Pink - Line In/Centre, Light Green - Front Speaker Out, Blue - Mic In/Rear Speakers.
Standard 6 Channel Sound
Yellow-Centre Speaker subwoofer, Black -Side Speaker Out, Grey-Rear speaker Out, Pink/Orange Mic In, Gren-Front Speaker Out, Blue- Line In.

If you need to contact mesh customer support:eek: number is Customer Service 020 84383300 or Tech Support 020 2084795 these are low-call numbers and not the rip off 60p a minute ones!

Please Note: Currently also helping a Mr J Button of Frome in Somerset, so multitasking!

Reaction score
On the back of my PC i have pink , light green and blue connectors.
Coming from the sub of the 5.1 speaker system i have a lead with black , light green and orange plugs on?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
plug the light green into the light green.

that was easy wasn't it?

then mess about with the other two util it sounds right

play some music while you're doing it

on the pc......

muckshifter

Reaction score
Greener74 said:
On the back of my PC i have pink , light green and blue connectors.
Coming from the sub of the 5.1 speaker system i have a lead with black , light green and orange plugs on?
Do as Floppy says ... looks like you have a 5.1 speakers but only 2.1 on-board sound.
nod.gif

... is my attached pic the back of your PC?

Attachments

• mesh.jpg
    mesh.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 137

muckshifter

Reaction score
Greener74 said:
Hi muckshifter yes the back of my PC does look like that.
Oh dear ....

OK, it is an ASUS M2NPV-VM, AM2, Geforce 6150+nForce 430, PCIe, 1394, GbE- Micro ATX Mainboard ... now you'll be pleased to know that Asus make some good boards, but err, I would never buy one that has on-board video, on-board sound is fine, if you know the sound is limited to 2.1. Now, having said all that do you see any other coloured sockets a little further down on the back of the PC ... 'cos it aint unusual to find a real 5.1 soundcard has been added ...

Can you tell me which Matrix this is exactly ... off the shelf, or did you add to it ???

user.gif

Reaction score
Hi again.
The motherboard they say they have fitted according to the delivery note is ASUS M2N4 - SLI, AM2 , n Force 4 SLI PCI e - ATX Mainboard which is different to what you have said.
There are definately no more coloured sockets further down on the back.
The make and model is the MATRIX2 DLX which i purchased from there special offer section.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Greener74 said:
Hi again.
The motherboard they say they have fitted according to the delivery note is ASUS M2N4 - SLI, AM2 , n Force 4 SLI PCI e - ATX Mainboard which is different to what you have said.
There are definately no more coloured sockets further down on the back.
The make and model is the MATRIX2 DLX which i purchased from there special offer section.
Hmmm, tell me again ... does the back of your PC look exactly like my pic above?

'cos the ASUS M2N4 looks like this ...

Attachments

• mesh2.jpg
    mesh2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 110

muckshifter

Reaction score
Greener74 said:
Yep exactly the same as your pic.
Sorry ... no 1 or no 2 pic
laughingsmiley.gif
... not that it matters too much as they both have only 2.1 on-board sound. The second one is slightly better.

Is there any more coloured sockets on the back further down ... I dont suppose there is as you can't miss 'em really.

What you have to do is what Floppy said ... play around with the 'plugs' until you can get sound out of all the speakers ... if it means the black plug goes in the pink socket then do it making sure you have no channels muted in the software, green will stay in the green though ... you will not kill the PC. ;)

Well, you get what you pay for. :rolleyes:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Greener74 said:
DOH that second pic youve posted is the one Sorry !!!
OK ... :thumb:

Now I know what we is dealing with. ;)

Reaction score
OK thank you for your help and your patience.
If what your saying is correct then i am going to send the PC back to them as they have lied to me about whats actually fitted in the computer.
Cheers.

Ask a Question