Onboard Sound Card Broken?!

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Can't sell parts because Motherboard has audio problem, CPU had overheated past 80 degrees celsius many times, so it is probably on it's way out, and fan is not cooling properly. Power supply sucks and has got taken over by dust (Safe to open up and clean?), I doubt it would sell.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
What! Clearly you need to educate yourself on current PC hardware.

The Biostar boards at the moment are the best on nearly all chipsets, it has the IGP for a reason, if you have a crap graphics card you can use the integrated as well as you own graphics card in hybrid crossfire and get some extra FPS, then when you can afford a decent card you disable it.

It is also there so when you just browsing or whatever it will use the integrated and save you money.

Have never taken a PSU apart myself so cannot comment.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Like hell I would use integrated graphics. What kind of gamer uses integrated?! I bet even Intel's Larrabee be better than integrated graphics. I NEVER buy boards with integrated graphics because
1. I gotta find a VGA and DVI port cover.
2. I gotta go through the complicated process of disabling the stupid on board VGA.

For now, I'm sticking with Gigabyte and probably get a Phenom when it comes down in price.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Another strange problem has come to annoy me.

I'm not sure if this is related to an audio problem, but whenever I turn my computer off and the next day turn it back on, the "Wave" in the master volume control has turned itself down.

Attachments

• Low Wave.png
    Low Wave.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 216
Reaction score
hey

i never had this problem when i was only updated to sp2... as soon as i updated to sp3 i started hearing media player distort and almost a slow down... i wonder if itz a codec that makez it happen or maybe a performance update.... i should uninstall sp3 and i'll bet the problem will go away.... it didn't do this until i updated to sp3...

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
FrEsHKurt said:
i never had this problem when i was only updated to sp2... as soon as i updated to sp3 i started hearing media player distort and almost a slow down... i wonder if itz a codec that makez it happen or maybe a performance update.... i should uninstall sp3 and i'll bet the problem will go away.... it didn't do this until i updated to sp3...
I've got Windows 7 Ultimate and I still have the problem. To stop distortion, keep all the volume sliders under 50%. But it means you need an amplifier.

Ask a Question