Olympic Logo?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What do you all think of the 2012 London Olympics logo?

_43007513_o_logo203.gif

I really don't want to know how much that cost :eek: There's a bit more on the BBC about the design process.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Saw a bit on the news about this last night, I personally thinks its awful. :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Same here - I really don't get it. I had to think about it before I realised it said 2012 - they've tried to be a bit too clever and made quite a boring logo IMO.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The objective here was to make the emblem inclusive, so it can talk to anyone ...
err, sorry, I can't 'see' what is says :confused:

What a load of crap!!!

:confused:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
What a messy logo that is - and as for it being able to "talk to everyone" hmph! It falls on deaf ears here. A big thumbs-down :(

Reaction score
I think they went to the same design house as the Conservative party.

A design house run by 7 year olds.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It looks a little like the signs you saw in public buildings in the late fifties/early sixties but some of those signs back then were actually quite good.

That new sign looks like a bowl of cat sick, not inspiring at all.

Reaction score
It's a hard one, cause as a country, we do like to be critical don't we? However, you're all right, this is just total sh*te. And what i'd like to know, is how can you justify £400,000 to come up with it? If they said it cost £50,000 to come up with it i'd think that was a lot of money, how can it cost 400k?????

Bodhi

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Floppybootstomp said:
That new sign looks like a bowl of cat sick, not inspiring at all.

:lol: ... Our four moggies regularly produce regurgitations which are far more artistic than that!! :cool: :lol:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
WTF!? thatt got to be the worst logo i've ever seen!!

i think we should stick with the old rings

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
To be honest I think its awful...And reminds me of something that I would see spraypainted on the walls of an underpass, I certainly think it wouldn't look out of place in a car park or something..:(

My 8 year old Daughter could produce better I'm sure of it..

I still don't know what its trying to say as I cannot make out any wording in the Logo, It just looks like a couple of dancing figures..

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have been looking at it hoping that something appears out of the picture, like one of those magic 3d ones but Something did and you is not gonna like this when it gets out....Neither is the Olympic committee

To me it looks like It's a girl with big hair and a lot of earrings pleasuring a bloke in a 'London' T-shirt....:D

Ha I'm now never going to look at that Logo in the same light again..:nod:

Last edited:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Or it could be that David Brent devised the Logo for a laugh...:D

dance.jpg

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
To me it looks like It's a girl with big hair and a lot of earrings pleasuring a bloke in a 'London' T-shirt....:D

Try as I might, I just cannot make out what you suggest. I'll bet you have a super imagination (can I borrow it sometime?)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
I have been looking at it hoping that something appears out of the picture, like one of those magic 3d ones but Something did and you is not gonna like this when it gets out....Neither is the Olympic committee

Ha I'm now never going to look at that Logo in the same light again..:nod:

Ohmigod :eek: he's right :lol:

You do all realise of course that the random bits of jigsaw puzzle spell out '2012'?

Of course you do? Oh, alright, sorry bout dat :blush:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem with this logo is the fact that it flickers. This can be a trigger for fits in some epileptics. It's possible that the flickering may have to be dropped or the whole thing may have to be changed much to the displeasure of Crazylegs.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Over on the Beeb website people have been sending in their own designs, and I'd say that they're all better than the actual one. You can see them all here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6719747.stm

Although this is my personal favourite simple and to the point...

london.jpg

Its not the logo that flickers Nvrip its the accompanying piece of film of swimmers diving into a pool that caused the Epyleptic siezures

Last edited:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I think this ones great aswell far better than the original and only 20 minutes in paintshop pro whilst eating a sausage roll and a coffee...Cheaper than £400,000

_43009415_gordon_bobertson416.jpg

And this ones just really funny for all the people that don't want to be in London when the Olympics are on...:D And want to make a run for the nearest Exit..

_43006859_mattle_gresley_416.jpg

Ask a Question