Beyond Expectations

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Beijing 2008 for the UK Olympic team has exceeded all expectations, not just for the athletes but for the people back home ...as of now GB stand 3rd in the medals table...3rd
bowdown.gif
. Before the games the critics were writing our chances off daily and saying where will the medals come from and yet the competitors must have been fuming that they did`nt have the same realm to say "hang on a minute , we have great people here. The Chinese who lie 1st have 644 athletes , the US have 640 and they are in 2nd, we have half ..about 340 odd and lie 3rd. I dont know if Lottery funding has anything to do with it but London 2012 seem more exciting by the day...Super Saturday gave way to super sunday...Traditionally we all look toward the Track and Field for glory and even Colin Jackson today said the field athletes should take stock and say " Hang on " all these golds and not any for T&F, I want to be part of this great team , so lets hope all of the country comes together and works there socks off so that in 2012 we get even better...

GB Olympic team 2008 i salute you all..

More info below..

http://www.olympics.org.uk/beijing2008/TeamGB.aspx

Last edited:
Reaction score
Absolutely!!!

Fantastic effort to all our teams. They deserve every medal they win.

Lottery fund? Maybe. However i'm sure they still would have worked just as hard even if the fund wasnt there. They have excelled and deserve all the praise they can soak up!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just think what team GB will be able to do in 2012 on home soil :D

Well done :bow:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
In the last few years i have lost faith with this country of mine, Crime, Credit Crunch , House Prices....etc...just now seems like media hype to stimulate a proportionate market...then all of a sudden the Great is put back in and i feel Tonight like i really do belong to a Country that is ressiliant, focused , able but most of all Proud..so with a little dig at the North/South divide thread ...

Long Live​
Great Britain..

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Odd, I've never lost faith in this country, despite it's shifting goalposts over the several decades I've been here.

This is England and I'm English, I'm British and I have Irish ancestry.

Many friends of mine have different ancestry and origins from all over the globe but we're all Brits, the hell with North/South divide, we're talking of something bigger than that petty squabble and I like it.

I am not a sporting person. All sports, with the possible exception of Motor Racing, are as exciting to me as watching paint dry.

However, I have observed us British folk seem to be doing better than usual in the Olympic Games and this warms me, it really does.

Congratulations to our athletes who are competing :thumb:

I do, however, have a problem with China, I don't think they should have been awarded the right to host this year's games. Why?

Human rights; slave labour; worldwide pollution; widespread killing of female babies; undermining the western economy with cheap sub-standard imported goods and generally giving up two fingers to the rest of the world.

The next world war may not come from the middle east but from the huge nation that can boast many worldwide inventions that we know as China.

Tianamen Square anybody? Nuclear threat? What nuclear threat? With a population that size and all those resources to manufacture conventional weapons, China probably doesn't need nuclear capability to threaten world domination.

Nope, sorry, I'm not keen on China until they clean up their act, their pollution record makes the USA look like an Angel in comparison.

This has been an exclusive FBS rant, sorry if I ruffled feathers :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Forget the rant Flops, a lot of truth there. At least all of us agree that this games have been immense , we even won a bronze in gymnastics :) , first time in 100 years :wave:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
This has been an exclusive FBS rant, sorry if I ruffled feathers :)
Your view is as important as anyone else on this forum, An FBS rant is always worth reading anyway.:thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I think it is just fab that our team is doing so well. Lots of different sports are getting the medals too which is very nice to see.

happywave.gif

Can we have a Brit flag waving smiley ??

;)

Reaction score
brilliant that's why I am glad to live in Great WORLD CLASS Britain!!!

Ask a Question