Olympic Games - U Going?

Reaction score
So anyone off to the games at all?
If so what events will you go to?
Got the torch near work tomorrow so may see it go past.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
A friend of ours got tickets to see one of the footy quarter finals at Old Trafford, so we're going to that. We didn't apply for tickets ourselves though. Might watch the opening ceremony but I'm not really in to athletics and don't usually watch the Olympics.

I'm just glad I don't live in London!!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I wouldn't go near that place if you paid me, with the G4S debacle going on there at the moment!

Trust the UK to c*ck up the worlds greatest sporting event, I love watching the Olympics and will be doing so from the comfort of my armchair and HD TV, Security will be very lax and the threat of a terrorist bomb or some such attack will be made even easier by staff without proper training and accreditation.
In the words of an Army seargent drafted in to cover the G4S debacle, interviewed on Sky News "If I didn't have to be here, I would stay well away"!

Reaction score
I wouldn't go near that place if you paid me, with the G4S debacle going on there at the moment!

Trust the UK to c*ck up the worlds greatest sporting event, I love watching the Olympics and will be doing so from the comfort of my armchair and HD TV, Security will be very lax and the threat of a terrorist bomb or some such attack will be made even easier by staff without proper training and accreditation.
In the words of an Army seargent drafted in to cover the G4S debacle, interviewed on Sky News "If I didn't have to be here, I would stay well away"!

I agree! You put it more politely than I would....:bow::wall::wall::wall::wall:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score

I'm just glad I don't live in London!!

It's a nightmare already. I am less than a mile from the stadium. Traffic has already been disrupted badly, soon some bus routes will be rerouted. And the constant sound of police helicopters flying around is annoying, especially at night time.

To answer the original question. No!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Have just spent a good few days at the Stratford Premier Inn next to the Olympic Park..It is an excellent venue and i spoke to a fair few contractors who gave me a little insight into certain parts. The theme of the opening ceremony of the games is the history of man and his recklessness and how unless we preserve our resoures we will destroy the planet. The Olympic stadium and i think the complete stadia (cannot be totally sure) are made from 100% recycled materials and the opening ceremony will reflet this..of course they had to take a swore of oath ..but i`m not naming names lol..
some pics coming

Last edited:

Ask a Question