OLE-Error 800A03EC

Mich@el

Good Morning everyone,

you are my last hope ;-)

the following problem, we face OLE-Error 800A03EC which happens on vista
32-bit-enterprise with office 07, when we export into a excel 07 file from a
sql database, this error shows up on clients with english OS interface and
portugese office 07.

it works all fine on a german OS interface with a german excel 07, we have
changed though changed the languages to test but no positive change.

anyone any experience/ideas which this OLE error?

thank you very much for your support in advance

happy days

Michael

Shane Devenshire

Hi,

xml export does not use any OLE calls! This error may happens only with
excel-ole export. Try to check/uncheck the "fast export" option in the export
dialog.

Also, before you export your report into excel, make sure that is no
violation of the rules of excel. In Example, if you have text "=Test This is
Wrong" , then it can raise OLE Error, because Excel interprets it as a
Formula.. So you need to add quote (') in the left of string (become '=Test
This is Right). It'll happen too for all ambiguous condition.

Make sure your data isn't ambiguous

cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Mich@el

good morning jan,

thank you very much for your response!

yes most likely it has to do with regional settings, ..
it is working fine on all other clients in other countries, we just did find
out yet which regiona setting it might be as we have copied all settings from
a working machine and it still occures.
but nevermind, we will not waste time on it any longer but guide the members
in portugal now through a terminalserver application which will work fine.
it is just strange as it was working fine on w2k and office 2000 and i can´t
see any changes on those settings... but as said, thank you very much for
your quick support, but nevermind - we have to head on.

best Regards

Michael

Joined
Jun 22, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

"Mich@el" wrote:

> Good Morning everyone,
>
> you are my last hope ;-)
>
> the following problem, we face OLE-Error 800A03EC which happens on vista
> 32-bit-enterprise with office 07, when we export into a excel 07 file from a
> sql database, this error shows up on clients with english OS interface and
> portugese office 07.
>
> it works all fine on a german OS interface with a german excel 07, we have
> changed though changed the languages to test but no positive change.
>
> anyone any experience/ideas which this OLE error?
>
> thank you very much for your support in advance
>
> happy days
>
> Michael

Thank you it work for me.