Old London before the Great Fire

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Take a walk... and a little fly... through the streets of old London Town, before the Great Fire. The virtual walk/fly begins at about 50 secs into the movie.

[YouTube]SPY-hr-8-M0[/YouTube]

A linky to more info on the clever folk who put this together: Pudding Lane Productions :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
There are still parts of London that are still like that, me and my daughter done a few tours in the summer in London and visited lots of the oldy worldy bits that you don't see, the hidden parts as they call it and it takes you way back in time, we even visited old disused underground tube stations known as Ghost stations which was brilliant!

http://www.silentuk.com/?p=3115

Reaction score
Very good find Taffycat. But did you notice that there were no people in the streets. London at the time was,as it is today,a very crowded place.Never the less the models were very good.
historian

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That's a fascinating clip, interesting to see how it used to be. I bet it would have been far more dirty and smelly in real life!

Reaction score
:DGreat find Taffycat fascinating but the other thing that was missing was the smell, but did see the fly's on some of the food. :eek:

Ask a Question