Old EBuyer Comments

wol

Reaction score
Very poor customer service.

I recently purchased 100 CDR disks from ebuyer along with several other items. Over half the disks had physical defects and hence were usless. When I contacted ebuyer about it they refused to replace it because it was over 30 days old, I just dont think thats good enough. You wont get any 'good will' or appologies from ebuyer. AVOID.

Reaction score
Yep as is said cusomer service sucks big time

cheap cheap prices, and no customer service whatsoever.

I am still waiting to get an rma on a monitor from a month ago, if anyone wants a taster of what it's like trying to get an item returned see my page at http://www.kensands.co.uk/ebuyerreturn.htm
a friend of mine did manage to return a camera ok but it still took two weeks to sort an rma out. if like me the item will not go through the auto online rma thing you are in trouble. Even threatening their goldfish seems not to help and enotes take days to get a reply. Dont even try to phone.

Ebuyer suck hairy donkey balls, and this is from someone who has bought over a thousand pounds of stuff from them in the last year or so.

Reaction score
EBuyer are dreadfull

i recently purchased an adsl modem and micro filter from ebuyer as they appeared to be the cheapest supplier. the order went through without a hitch and my problems only started when i received the goods. they managed to send me a adsl wireless router instead of the modem. so i phone their support line to arrange to get the item replaced. after waiting 15 minutes on the phone to be connected, i was told that i had to fill in a returns order. i duly did this and then had to wait until it had been authorised before i could get the returns address. this is way too much faffing around as i simply wanted to send the goods back and get the correct item sent to me. after 4 days and another phone call i finally managed to get the returns address. to be fair. they did offer to pay for the postage. so i sent the item back and asked them to resend the replacement to my place of work (as the original were sent by courier to my home and i work full time). i asked this both on the returns order and on a bit of paper included in the box when i returned the item. when checking their website for an update on the replacement's progress, i was disgusted to find that it was being delivered to my home address! this despite telling them twice not to do so. after another 15 wait on the phone, i finally managed to get the address changed. the goods still haven't been dispatched to me and it's been about a week since they received the item back. this is incredibly poor service, as i expected them to sort it out asap. to be fair, they do offer a service to pick up the incorrect item from an address, but i work in a secured building so that wasn't possible.

overall, i won't be buying anything from ebuyer again. although they’re cheap, so is there customer service. it is a nightmare to get hold of them on the phone (expect a long wait in the queue with a very annoying constant ring) and their returns process is long and laboured.

update 22/04/2004

Just checked the delivery status of the replacement item. The status was still "Picking in Progress". Was supposed to be delivered today. Cue another 15 minute wait on the phone. Now supposed to be here tomorrow.

To reiterate: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS USELESS COMPANY!

UPDATE 23/02/2004

Still hasn't been dispatched. Was due to be dispatched today. Cancelled the order. I'd rather spend twice as much down Tottenham Court Road than deal with these fools.

Reaction score
Re: EBuyer

I've ordered about £12,000 worth of stuff from ebuyer in the last year. Most of the time they get it right, but when they get it wrong, they are utterly useless to deal with. I've had a few returns on faulty items (which is a pain as it can take days to get an RMA number to 'allow' you to send the item back), and of course you have to pay the shipping.

There's a couple of dodges they do - firstly, if you want a replacement, sometimes they refund you instead, so they don't have to pay the postage on a replacement. This has happened more than once.

They have also sent me the wrong item on a couple of occasions; at present it was a replacement MoBo that's the wrong model, and I'm two weeks down the line with it, and I've been stung on the shipping for it (on the return, as above) as well as now having to send it back to them

Their 'support' is a joke; they must be staffed by the most ignorant, thick-skinned educationally subnormal cretins to walk the face of the earth. I'm not even going to bother to phone them - all companies like this are a waste of time in that respect.

I'm looking for another supplier, so if anyone can suggest one I'd be glad to hear about it.

Certainly I think that having to pay for their mistakes is immoral, and I'd be surprised if it's also not illegal too.

Reaction score

If it wasn't so annoying, I'd say I was glad I wasn't alone in my ebuyer returns frustration.
I've not seen or heard of my 'Gainward Geforce4 Powerpack Ultra750-8xAGP Golden Sample 128MB DDR TI-4800SE' since I returned it (03/2004), ebuyer tested it and confirmed the fault (no picture at all), said it had gone back to manufacturer for replacement may take UP TO 28 days, but has now been over 3 months (06/2004), have been quite happy with them until this, bought quite a few items, no problems and good price, but will not buy anything from them in the future as there is too much risk involved with faulty goods return system, and their customer service is a joke.
I've also tried to contact Gainward with all the details, but no response, have also heard a few other sob stories from mates with geforce4 cards, so I'd probably go for an ATI next.

Reaction score

Let me add in my experiences. I have ordered from them in the past with no problems but they delivered correctly then and I didn't have to contact them for any reason. Yes their prices are usually the cheapest (not always though) but you get what you pay for. They obviously achieve the low margins by having non-existant customer service. If you had to contact them for any reason you would be as annoyed as I am now. They have sent me emails that conflict with each other, one saying that they could not send one of the products because it had been discontinued, the other saying my complete order has been shipped. Funny, because when I ordered it there was no mention of that on the website and they said they had plenty of stock. They also have said they have credited me the amount back to my card. I looked to see if they have done this and it looks like they did but then took it off again. I am in total confusion as to what they are doing and I obviously need to contact them but it is impossible when their customer services are only open weekdays 9-5 and even if you phone from work the queue is too long and I get shouted at by my boss to stop wasting company time and get off the phone! That was after 20 mins on hold on their 'national rate' 0870 number that actually costs 10p/min!

I have tried sending them emails. When they sent their standard reply 'we do not accept emails' I have tried to communicate with them through their 'enotes' system, but have had no reply from that either! You have to wait until they have replied until you can send another enote, which is not helpful when I want to sent them further important stuff that I missed off the first note! This is supposed to be their preferred method of contact. In conclusion, I am very annoyed with them and I will not be buying from this awful company ever again!

I understand that there this company obviously needs sorting out, so anybody who has set up a ebuyersucks.com site or something like that please get in touch I will do all I can to help. I think the web community need to ge together on this one.

Reaction score

Let me add in my experiences. Before I start if anyone has set up an ebuyersucks.com site or anything like it you have my support and please contact me and I will do all I can to support it. She sheer volume of unsatsified customer this company quite obviously has from reading all the forums means we should all join together to sort this comapny out. We need Nicky Campbell to get this company on Watchdog......

I would not recommend anyone buying from ebuyer! I have order from them in the past with no problems but they delivered correctly and I didn't have to contact them for any reason. Yes their prices are usually the cheapest (not always though) but you get what you pay for. They obviously achieve the low margins by having non-existant customer service. If you had to contact them for any reason you would be as annoyed as I am now. They have sent me emails that conflict with each other, one saying that they could not send one of the products because it had been discontinued, the other saying my complete order has been shipped. Funny, because when I ordered it there was no mention of that on the website and they said they had plenty of stock. They also have said they have credited me the amount back to my card. I looked to see if they have done this and it looks like they did but then took it off again. I am in total confusion as to what they are doing and I obviously need to contact them but it is impossible when their customer services are only open weekdays 9-5 and even if you phone from work the queue is too long and I get shouted at by my boss to stop wasting company time and get off the phone! That was after 20 mins on hold on their 'national rate' 0870 number that actually costs 10p/min!

I have tried sending them emails. When they sent their standard reply 'we do not accept emails' I have tried to communicate with them through their 'enotes' system, but have had no reply from that either! You have to wait until they have replied until you can send another enote, which is not helpful when I want to sent them further important stuff that I missed off the first note! This is supposed to be their preferred method of contact. In conclusion, I am very annoyed with them and I will not be buying from this awful company ever again!

Reaction score

Ordered a whole bunch of stuff the other day from them - wireless keyboard, mouse, 50 ritek DVD-r's, a 80mm fan, a 3.5mm to RCA stereo plug lead, 4 neon lights, 100 DVD cases....£70 worth of stuff. Came at 8am on the day it was meant to, all was ok, packaged very well, all correct items...

i guess i was lucky!

Ebuyer are great, if you dont have to return anything that is! then they are worse than rubbish, from what ive read...

Reaction score

Bought a mouse on a saturday, It arrived 1 week and 3 days later. I had bought the 'deliver by: Friday 3rd' delivary, it came on Tuesday 7th. Then i demanded my money back. they gave me half of the P&P (£2.25)

VERDICT: evan if your life depends on it, do not buy from ebuyer.

Reaction score

I have been using ebuyer for around 15 months now. Recently I have had to return 3 items to them, this is what happened:

About 6 months ago I bought a cheap mp3 player from them even though the reviews warned that it may develop faults. As it was so cheap I thought I'd give it a go and was very pleased with the quality of the player I received. After 4 months it developed a fault so I returned it and was promptly supplied with a replacement under warrenty (something I would never have got with one off ebay) so was impressed with their service. This second player also devoloped a minor fault and by this time I'd decided I wanted to upgrade to a better player anyway and ordered a branded one. I returned the second faulty player but this time requested a refund even though I was only entitled to a replacement but was given the refund which went some way to pay for my new shiny branded player. I also ordered some sony headphones to go with it which also developed a fault so I sent of a returns request and started to worry after a week no reply. Then the next day I was sent a reply from ebuyer to appologise that it had taken some time for them to get back to me and they had sent out a new set of headphones priority delivery and I didnt need to return the old faulty ones: "to save a return on a low cost item."
What can I say but not only the cheapest by far (I price matched the branded player with the other big mp3 suppliers and they wouldnt try to beat ebuyer) but excellent service to boot.Cheers Ebuyer,5 stars!

Reaction score
Re: EBuyer is the worst!

Ebuyer are simply the worst online company I have had to deal with. I ordered 5 items, 4 showed up, out of the 4 only 3 actually worked, I had no idea as to what happened to my 5th item. I later received an email several days after the delivery to inform me that the 5th item (adsl wireless router modem) was out of stock and I had been given a refund and free delivery on my next purchase.

Foolishly I decided to order another router from the site as the free delivery was an incentive. I waited for this second order several days beyond the due date. In order to find out what had happened to this package, I logged on and found out my City Link consignment number and called the local depot. The depot stated that the router was damaged on transit and no delivery was attempted and the sender has been notified. I contacted ebuyer through their crap enotes system and informed them of the damage and explained that I would like for them to dispatch a replacement. This really was not my job as ebuyer should have contacted me informing me of this fact. I then received a ridiculous response (3 days later) stating that I should contact them if the item has not been delivered. Duh! My enote stated that it will not be delivered because it was damaged. It was obvious this was a standard email sent to anybody complaining about a late delivery. I responded by stating again that the item will NEVER be delivered because it was damaged by City Link.

I received another response (2 days after my reply) which stated that ebuyer’s local depot had received the modem as it was returned by my depot and delivery to my address was attempted several times. Baffled by this standard email I again contacted City Link who again told me that the item was damaged and subsequently returned to the sender’s depot, no delivery was attempted. After receiving the returned router ebuyer must have just fired off another standard email that “delivery was attempted”. This makes it look like it was my fault for not being at home when City Link delivered. What utter nonsense. Of course my credit card has already been charged for the router at the start of this fiasco. Ebuyer stated that I will be refunded but who knows when they are going to do this.
It is now 3 weeks after my original order and I still have not got a router. I am now going to head to the high street and get me a wireless router from Argos.

If you are thinking of ordering from ebuyer, my advise to you would be simple, DONT

Reaction score

hi all can not find a phone number on there web page

can eny of you help me out thanks

as ever sc00terx

Reaction score

I have been shopping with Ebuyer since 2002 attracted by their low prices. The site is easy to use and the products are generally fine, bu the customer serive is absolutely the worst I have ever received. Normally to get through to customer support entails a 30 minute wait in the que phonecall, but now they have scrapped this system.

The new contact method is the E-note system, which is useless, you can only send one message to any department at a time, and so far it has been 8 days since my last with no reply.

Ebuyer was meant to send me a replacement drive as part of a RMA, however they chose to send me a different product that is incompatible with my PC, having warned them when I received the delivery notification I received no reply. Haveing refused the product on delivery I have still received no reply. I have sent 3 e-notes, each updating the last with no idea what the hell is going on. the enotes seem to be assigned to someone different each day but they never get answered. This possible is the worst system ever for communication with customers, it simply isn't acceptable, if there is a probelm you want to hear a person on the other side of the phone preferably the same day.

Although EBuyer's prices are low, normally products can be found for less at other web based retailer's simply copy and paste the product model and manufacturer into a search engine or even kelkoo, normally you can find it for less when you take into account P&P.

Ebuyer should burn, it simply isn't worth dealing with them any more.

Reaction score

I'll spare you the full gory details of my ebuyer troubles but basically my graphics card broke within warranty and I've been waiting 4 months for a replacement. Ebuyer's enote system mean that I can't get them to do anything, all my requests are swept under the carpet.

Every few days I email them to find out why unlike what they told me I have not been sent my card, they repond to tell me it will be delivered in 1-2 days. They have told me this 7 times in the last 2 months and I still have no card.

Don't ever even think of buying from them it really isn't worth the risk.

Reaction score

Further to my previous message. Ebuyer are now refusing to deal with trading standards. TS recommend I take civil action to force a refund.

Ish

Reaction score

i used ebuyer for the one reason that there prices were so cheap for about 1.5 years with no problems. then my problems started.i ordered some urgent stuff and paid for saturday delivery. i got it 3 days late. when i sent ebuyer an enote asking for a refind on my postage they kept closing it. :(

the next order i did was more urgent stuff. i only got half of it on time though and the rest arrived 2 days late. once again ebuyer ignored my enotes :(

silly old me decided to give them 1 more chance. this time the items arrived on time but they sent me a white dvd drive when i ordered a black one to go in my new case. 7 days later i am still waiting for a reply to my enote.

I WILL NEVER USE EBUYER AGAIN. THE WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score

In response to pile's comment, you should of kept writing mate i haven't laughed as much since me grannys false teeth fell in her tea....l.o.l.vey loudly.
As for poor old Dave in shipping i think he deserves a round of applause for covering for all the other ebuyer gorilla's..............Fantastic.

Reaction score

I have only really had one 'bad' experience with Ebuyer. This was poor due to their eNote system which promises a response within 2 days. Shame they kept deleting my eNotes.
I spent over a week trying to get a response from them... I continually had to replace 'closed' eNotes which started to p1ss me off.
With this methode proving to be pointless... I decided to email the Ebuyer Managing Director. Within 10 minutes I had a repy and the response I was waiting for.

Before and after this incident they have been 1st class.
I won't stop buying from Ebuyer but I have to stress to them... sort out your Customer Services!
There is nothing more deterring than ignoring your faithful customers.

The

Reaction score

There is indeed www.ebuyersucks.com

I registered it last year and have started to receive an amazing improvement int he level of service since ebuyer became aware of it.

Pop over and tell me your experiences and we will get them posted as well.

All the best

Ask a Question