Old Dabs Comments

Reaction score
Re: Dabs

I'm surprised to see so much praise for Dabs here. With zero telephone customer support and non-existent online/e-mail support I must confess that before I have even placed a purchase I am already put off.
A simple product enquiry has generated nothing but "auto-generated" replies and "policy statements" regarding, annoyingly enough their policy to not answer technical or "compatibility" enquiries.
All I asked was what software was bundled with a piece of equipment!! Hardly a compatibility enquiry!! I've not recieved a single "proper" e-mail.
I personally cant trust a company like that with my business...what happens if I need to contact them once they have my money? More auto-generated replies and policy statements?
Nah, nasty.

Reaction score
Utter Rubbish

Like the heading what a pathetic company
yet to have a reply from six emails over a three week period need I say more?

Reaction score
toastrack said:
I'm surprised to see so much praise for Dabs here. With zero telephone customer support and non-existent online/e-mail support I must confess that before I have even placed a purchase I am already put off.
A simple product enquiry has generated nothing but "auto-generated" replies and "policy statements" regarding, annoyingly enough their policy to not answer technical or "compatibility" enquiries.
All I asked was what software was bundled with a piece of equipment!! Hardly a compatibility enquiry!! I've not recieved a single "proper" e-mail.
I personally cant trust a company like that with my business...what happens if I need to contact them once they have my money? More auto-generated replies and policy statements?
Nah, nasty.
Correct

Reaction score
DABS - Do you enjoy stress? Have unlimited time to waste? I don't.

DABS refuse to talk to anyone by telephone. I moved house and changed my address on their website before placing a laptop order in January 2007. The 'next day despatch' didn't go for 10 days, then when it was shipped I found out they used my old address. I can't contact them by telephone, their online chat service say its not their department and also accuse me of not updating the address myself, and the despatch department haven't responded to any of my 3 emails sent over the past 2 days. The courier can't change the address without DABS authority, they dont have a phone number for DABS either, and DABS are simply not responding. I have spent 6 hours during the past 2 days trying to resolve this, and have absolutely no idea whether the laptop has been delivered to the wrong address or not yet - it was due to be delivered there yesterday - and for all I know it may have been stolen by now. All DABS need is a TELEPHONE and a better attitude towards their customers. Any cost saving you make by buying from them is not worth the pain, because if you order from them you have to just hope nothing goes wrong - if it does you may end up where i am - up a creek without a paddle, and no way to make effective contact with them or get a response out of them. Do you enjoy stress and have the time to deal with needless problems? I don't.

Reaction score
Marquis01, may be best to start a new thread about this, this one is 18 months old!
That way more people will see it & may be able to offer you help.
Oh & Welcome to PCReview:wave:

Ask a Question