DAB Radio

Reaction score
Yes but only because my Mum got a radio and didn't like it. I don't listen to any DAB only stations, mainly Radio 4.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Yes. It works fine in York and here in the Lakes.
happywave.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nope, not I. Almost bought one recently for the kitchen but ended up getting an Altec lansing IM9 for use with my I-Pod.

Two friends of mine have them and they sound great so when I saw it for £57.50 in Makros I bought one. Really pleased with it, it sounds superb, good bass, and it also runs on batteries as well as a mains adapter.

My hi-fi system has an ageing NAD analogue tuner with no presets. At some stage I intend to replace it with an Armstrong DAB/FM tuner, but a telly's on the agenda first.

I did read that sales of DAB radios have been disappointing over the last year and the whole concept hasn't been embraced as enthusiastically as marketers expected.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
feckit said:
Anyone listen to DAB Radio?
Why?

I get a whole load more stations on the tinternet than I can expect from DAB, sad innit. I'll actually get less than I could with cat gut. :rolleyes:

... and if they think I'm gonna buy one of them stupid looking things, then think again. :nod:

happywave.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I got me mum a Pure Evoke with DAB and FM on it as she can not get York Radio on DAB. The sound is amazing for such a small thing and you can add a extra speaker for true stereo.

nod.gif

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Why?

I get a whole load more stations on the tinternet than I can expect from DAB, sad innit. I'll actually get less than I could with cat gut. :rolleyes:

... and if they think I'm gonna buy one of them stupid looking things, then think again.
nod.gif

happywave.gif

But I can't listen to he radio on the laptop while I am doing the housework, unless i carry it round the house.

Reaction score
I've been chilling out to Planetrock whilst surfing.:D
I bought a acoustic solutions portal DAB radio 4 years ago for £40, one of my best purchases ever!:thumb::thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Wilbur said:
But I can't listen to he radio on the laptop while I am doing the housework, unless i carry it round the house.
What is this ... housework. :confused:

;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mucks is right.

Official forum notice:

Housework is an alien concept.

Housework, as is, is banned until further notice.

Housework should only consist of leaving the house to visit the pub then returning to house.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Mucks is right.

Official forum notice:

Housework should only consist of leaving the house to visit the pub then returning to house.

Gee, I always knew I'd joined the right Forum ... this is a concept I like!

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Mucks is right.

Official forum notice:

So thats what the dyson sitting in the corner is for then.;)

Ask a Question