Favourite Radio Station & Why?

Reaction score
Got to be PlanetRock via DAB Digital Radio:thumb:
Currently got 3 @ 3 from AC/DC
bowdown.gif

All the best rock from The Boss to Iron Maiden and more:D

Oh forgot to mention comedy on Radio 4 & BBC7;)

Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I like some of the comedies on Radio 4 too,:thumb: also programmes such as "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue," "Just a Minute," "The Now Show" and "The News Quiz." If I'm painting or relaxing, I'll sometimes tune in to Classic FM.

Do you remember Radio Luxembourg? Or is that too far back ...? It needed lots of effort to listen to that because it faded a lot and the radio often needed to be placed in some really odd places to get any reception.
laughingsmiley.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Got to be TalkSport late at night with James Whale and Mike Mendoza those guys pull no punches...1O89AM....:nod:

And usually Virgin radio in the day, good mix of music from rock to pop....FM

Would listen to more stations if given the chance but the DAB went out the window cause it was crap....:mad:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Radio One.

Have been listening to it from it's first day right up until now.

Why? During the day it plays the latest music from most genres, that's why. And in the evening lots of Indie, dance & metal.

But I can't stand Chris Moyles, I want to punch him :)

I really don't like radio stations that look to the past all the time, such as Virgin, Heart & Radio Two, I want to hear NOW. I don't mind a mixture though but as yet I don't know a radio station that mixes it all up too well.

Other than Radio One, Kiss FM (Dance) and XFM (Rock & Indie) two London stations.

And I remember Radio Luxembourg, that was the biz before Radio One came along. And radios Caroline, London & City, all moored out at Sea :)

Reaction score
Radio 1, cause it plays such a variety of songs. Only ever listen to radio during the day, never at night though. Weird.

Anyway, Scott Mills is funny, and Jo Whiley is a pain in the ass.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
another fan of Radio 1 here, i like the colin and edith show but unfortunately it is no more :(

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Got to be TalkSport late at night with James Whale and Mike Mendoza those guys pull no punches...1O89AM....
nod.gif

oh I remember James Whale

I used to listen to him a very long time ago

is that bloke ash still on his show?
he was a bundle of laughs!

Reaction score
I agree with you, feckit, I bought a DAB radio just so I could listen to Planet Rock at work on the nightshift
nod.gif

But I also use the BBC RadioPlayer to listen to shows on BBC stations that I've either missed or didn't know were being broadcast. You can search by station or genre of show, so it's easy to pinpoint your favourite type of shows :D:D

Ask a Question