Old Dabs Comments

Reaction score
I have used DABs many times and have always found them to be quick and reasonably priced. I highly recommend them! :spin:

Reaction score
I have used Dabs many times before and I highly recommend them.

In late November, I ordered some software and the "Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro" keyboard online. I paid for the standard 2-3 working days delivery, as Christmas was a few weeks away. Unexpectedly, it came the next day, even though I did not pay for the Next Working Day delivery service.

I find their level of service excellent and their prices are reasonable too. If you buy online, you can collect "dabs Points". You collect 1 point for every £1 you spend (Non-VAT payers will collect the same amount as VAT payers). Further details about dabs Points and how to redeem them, click here.

As I said before, I highly recommend dabs.com.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I can't really comment as I haven't used them and it's good to see the fellas above have had good service.

I've been put off from using them as it seems every month at least one computer magazine carries a horror story about poor service and difficulty in getting faulty items replaced, so I'm skeptical.

kristel

Blonde - But salvageable
Reaction score
Online retailers that I've had good experience with. Very reliable. Support is only so so though, you do stay waiting on the phone for a long time but someone will answer if you are patient. They don't quibble too much with returns, but I suspect that's because I've bought over £1000 worth of stuff from them in the past and not moaned....

s-p

Reaction score
Reasonable prices, average site. Delivery was absolutely superb, took only a day for my motherboard to arrive, after it came into stock.

Reaction score
dabs.com

Vast variety of stock, often the lowest price, prompt delivery. The site is not easy on the eye so rooting through lists is tedious; if you don't use the site for a while you are forgotten and your dabs points vanish, you have no account, but try to register your details again and it says someone already has that name and password, it can go round and round and....; the paying pages are clutzy and you can be hours placing your order, SWITCH used to be a nightmare but I think they can handle it now.

Reaction score
Dabs.com

I have been using Dabs.com for a long time and like others, I have found them to be great.

Lots of praises for their web site and the layout, never had problems locating items. The ability to have available items sent before others on order is great. I especialy like the service of being notified when items are in stock again. They also keep a complete history of all orders placed so it is easy to go back and check invoice details.

I have bought from others, but I have had to spend sometime chasing after orders that never appeared when they were supposed to.

I have spent a lot of money with Dabs, building computers for myself and friends and I have never had a need to complain.

Yes it does take a long time to get through to them by phone, but when they do answer, I have always found them polite and helpful.

And to top it all, I get airmiles in excahnge for my dabpoints.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Reaction score
dabs.com

I bought a graphic tablet from dabs. com recently, and all previous niggles were gone. I completely agree with the previous poster.

Reaction score
Dabs used to be my one stop shop to a new computer, but unfortunatly not any more, as they have grown they have changed from a small company with honorable ideals. To a large corperate monster who has no respect for the small customer.

Their recent introduction of handling charges, has only left them more un-competitive, that said some their product range is wide if not well priced and somtimes if you want somewhere to buy something Dabs is the only place to go.

I have fortunatly had little to do with their RMA system, even though I will warn those who think about buying an expensive item from them they do not have a good reputation in the industry.

Honestly I would avoid dabs unless they were the only UK stockest and even then I would think about getting a product shipped in from abroad.

Reaction score
Prices are almost in line with the high street especially after P & P but the service and packaging are excellent.

e.g. Ordered wrong item, phoned the same day it arrived and got an RMA number. Sent it back and got a refund quickly.

All items sent have been good quality and no returns for this reason needed.

Reaction score
Dabs Customer service

I have used Dabs in the past and found them to be pretty good, but this has all changed since my last order I placed with them.

I ordered 9 x HP Compaq NX7000 laptops. I was dealing directly with one of the sales people from Dabs, they contacted me because of all the orders our company has placed with them in the past.

They were not able to give us a better price on the Laptops than is on the site but they provided all the help we needed in purchasing the laptops. We received them within 4 days, but 2 of them were not working. After getting the authorisation from HP that the laptops should be replaced by Dabs I contacted them and send them the authorisation form from HP. They don't have any telephone number that you can contact them at - you have to mail them and then hope that they will phone you back.

We use these laptops for work and now we are still waiting for Dabs to replace the laptops. They came to collect the 2 broken laptops about 2 weeks ago and I still have not received the replacements. They are not phoning or emailing back, it is almost impossible to get hold of someone. Imagine buying something from a stranger on the street and then you find it is broken on 2 days after that.

This is just unacceptable and now only do I understand why it is so crucial to have a support or even customer care line that you can phone when you need a real person to speak to.

Dabs has lost us as a customer.

Reaction score
Astoundingly fast

Dabs deliver things almost before you've thought of buying them! They take my breath away. If you can't bear to wait, Dabs is nearly as quick as going and buying in a shop!! They're not always absolutely the cheapest , but they're usually very, very close - but knowing your goods will arrive in 36hrs or less usually does it for me!

I've only had one problem/query: their customer service is quite slow but, ultimately, efficient. I think it would help if they ensured a single operative followed a complaint from start to finish.

Overall, a definite 'recommend'. I use Dabs more often than anyone else. I've also had excellent experience with Dabsvalue products, which can really save money over 'brand' names.

Reaction score
The next king of etailing?

Used to use Ebuyer but no more. Dabs are now King in my eyes. They seem to be getting there. Their delivery service is very quick and they seem to have improved their customer`service. They have along way to go but are light years in front of Ebuyer.

They need to focus on price and need to improve their website as its still too busy!

Reaction score
Re: Dabs

I ordered £1000 of equipment and it all arric=ved within 2 working days.....except the correct graphics card. Dabs sent me the wrong card which I returned within two days. A month later Dabs, even though they had acknowledged their initial mistake and had receipted the incorrect card back onto their stock system, had still not despatched me the correct card.

It took 5 30min phone calls, loads of frustration and learning more about their internal systems than many of their customer service operators evidently do, to get my card.

My summary, great if they make no picking errors, but terrible if you need to return anything.

Reaction score
Re: Dabs made me cry

I'm happy to read that others have been trated fine by Dabs.co.uk

I'm not one of them. Since 'buying' a HP Tablet at around £2k and awaiting my 3-day delivery, I've suddenly found myself still waiting 7 weeks later.

Am I any closer to a resolution? What is the problem you ask? Haven't the foggiest.

One minute they ask me to confirm cards and numbers, the next their system is down, later they ask me to confirm delivery address and then to disregard the last email. Now they are 'awaiting stock' and apparently 'our screen shows that too'... which is nice to know. Now, where's my bloody item and why can't you do more than look at a screen?

Did I mention the days of waiting for a reply, the terse response, endless repeat questions (one sentance or less), no replies in some cases and NOT ONCE have i heard and apology or an explanation for what is taking so long.

I shall wait and see, I guess.

Reaction score

Messed me around, took over 3 months and the threat of trading standards for them to sort themselves out over a returns problem! They just kept sending me stupid reply emails that didn't help at all, very very very poor customer care...and NO TELEPHONE support!

Reaction score

Well I ordered a Cube System, 1GB Ram 120GB HDD, AMD 2600, Printer, totalling 443.00ish, I got an email the next day saying that id typed the address in wrong, in haste i checked the order that i printed, no it was correct, so i follow thier instructions and confirm what i had already wrote, and then the next day i get an email saying card declined. By this time i was not amused. I wish i read these type of reviews even my mate said dont shop at dabs, i didnt realise it will be this bad. I just wanted something at the spare of the moment, i had some money i wanted to spend and was excited, now that excitment has turned into annoyance. I cant even get them to debit my card which has enough money in it - yet they were happy to debit my uncle's card over 1K of stuff that he had NEVER ordered.

So they cant take my money, but they can take someone else's.

There is NO PHONE NUMBER, they say 4 HOURS to reply to emails more like 4 DAYS. These people cannot trade online, they are not kitted out to do so in my case. In face they are so poor they are a disgrace. I am not impressed at all - all i wanted was a computer, no more that 1-3 days it said.

So im hacked off with them, i reconmend you TAKE YOUR money else where, because they dont seem bothered taking it! Just delayed my order more than 4 days. I wait in anticipation for a little response.

Perhaps DABS.COM should read these articles and read what they are all about - perhaps the machines need to look in the mirror, as its all automated, no chance of a human to speak to. Oh by the way you get a louzy response to every email you send. Rather pathetic.

Good luck if you order from there, i definately wont again.http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/retailer/359/reviews

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

Dabs. OK, I've read the above horror stories, my original post was in the negative.

But.

I have to say, I've used Dabs 4 or 5 times since my last post, all orders have been delivered promptly, and I've had no problems.

Like, I'm still a little skeptical because of what I've read, but I have to be honest, they've been good by me so far. And all goods have been well packaged.

Sorry :(

Reaction score

I use Dabs about once a month, they are cheap and come well packaged and very fast.

I have had no problems with them & Would happly pay an extra £10.00 for an item from dabs when i could get it cheaper, lets say from ebuyer, just to know it will get here and will be i one piece.

5* Service!

Ask a Question