OL2k3 Hanging

Paul P

I finally found time on Sunday evening to install Office
2003. Looks great, install appeared to go well.

However Outlook struggles. I have re-installed ±8x now.
It starts fine after each re-install, will hang after
about 15-20 minutes. A termination and restart of the
app, causes it to hang with the "send/receive status 50%"
in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

The Event Viewer reports:
"Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0,
stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module dccmsp32.dll, version
10.0.2000.929, stamp 39d4133c, debug? 0, fault address
0x00005346."

in the first instance followed by:

"Fault bucket 54869149." messages in the log.

I'm going around the bend. I've got users crying for the
product, but I'm not releasing it until I know what's
going on.

The test system is a stand alone PC running: WindowsXP
Pro (Fully patched), 512Mb RAM.

auggy

Hi Paul.

Your Event Viewer error identifies dccmsp32.dll version
10.0.2000.929, which would indicate you are running WinFax Pro v
10.02.

This version of WinFax Pro is not compatabible with Outlook 2003:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823525&Product=out2003

According to Symantec you can obtain a "replacement CD" (v 10.03?) for
your older version of WinFax for shipping/handling costs:

http://tinyurl.com/rrnn

So either uninstall WinFax Pro, or uninstall WinFax Pro v 10.02 and
install v 10.03.

Paul P \(NZ\)

Thanks for the headzup. I didn't even think to look at
that as I specifically excluded support between Outlook
and WinFax.

I'l be having a go at this one later. It may explain why
my faxes having been coming through.

Paul

auggy

Ok. Good luck. Hope that works out for you.

Paul P \(NZ\) said:
Thanks for the headzup. I didn't even think to look at
that as I specifically excluded support between Outlook
and WinFax.

I'l be having a go at this one later. It may explain why
my faxes having been coming through.

Paul

Paul P \(NZ\)

Hi Auggy,

I haven't uninstalled WinFax, but have disabled the
services etc. There's about a 90% improvement.

Sadly the Symantec helpdesk had no idea about what I was
talking about and refused to acknowledge the problem
citing that "as OL2k3 was so new, it hadn't been tested
yet". Their tune changed when I quoted "Document
ID:2003051616295604" from their own KB site.

The patched CD is about 6 weeks away now.

Paul