Windows XP Oki dot matrix XP weirdness

Reaction score
Have two Oki Microline 320 Elite dot matrix printers.

One is connected to windows XP machine A and the other to Windows XP machine B

A4 tractor feed fand fold paper, printers et up exactly same.

Print documents from XP machine A and all is fine. Prints first page, scrolls to next and prints and so on

Machien B however prints, same documents, page 1, then page 2 but by page 3 it is skipping down lines and starts printing increasingly further down the page. It's as if it is putting two line returns at the bottom of each page.

So, I shared the printer on Machine A and connected machine B to it. Machine A prints fine but Machine B still prints in the same erroneous fashion.

Checked the Machine B settings in windows for regional defaults, page sizes etc.

My usual root would be to format and reinstall but would be a fair bit of hassle.

Any helpful hints and tips ?

Reaction score
Never mind chaps I fixed it.

Machine B decided to use wrong driver despite the correct driver being set.

It was determined to use the driver it wanted to. So I deleted its precious little driver and reinstalled the correct one and all was Kool & the Gang

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Jontom10 and thanks for reporting back with the solution :). I'm sure this will come in handy for someone else facing the same problem :thumb: .

Ask a Question