oh rats ... more problems

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The Old Girl is playing up. :(

... has frozen twice today ... I'm hoping it's because she don't like Ubuntu ... not the first time she didn't like a version of Linux.

So ... for the time, she will be having a rest from crunching until I can ascertain if it is the OS or old age. :(

What a week, and its only Monday. :rolleyes:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that mucks. :(

I hope you get everything sorted soon. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does Linux leave any log files at all? If you can find them I'll do my best to trawl the net to find what's happening (as I know nowt about Linux!).

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Does Linux leave any log files at all? If you can find them I'll do my best to trawl the net to find what's happening (as I know nowt about Linux!).
Never thought to look Ian, it has logs for everything else ... it wasn't a 'crash' it just froze ... I did notice the temp up @ 63c though. :(

That was a little too hot, so a days rest from crunching will give me a good idea if She is getting tired, old or just plan cranky. She running at a nice 40c at the moment. :thumb:

I needed to change the OS on the MJW PC, so I used the Old Girl as a test bed first ... I think I have that one cracked and He's crunching out nicely now.

user.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you limit the CPU to 80% say if it works fine for the next day, that should keep it much cooler - might be a good test to see if it is a temp prob?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
If you limit the CPU to 80% say if it works fine for the next day, that should keep it much cooler - might be a good test to see if it is a temp prob?
Hey! good idea ... err, can I do that in Linux. ;)

Been 'playing' most of the evening on it, no problems ... got up to 45c downloading & installing some stuff.

I'll have a look see on the throttle thing. :thumb:

Ask a Question