Windows XP Offline

Reaction score
sometimes my PC tells me im offline and when i click the try again button alls well and the surfing can go on. Im on a wireless connection but it did it with the USB modem plugged in. Im also on broadband. It does it if im not using the internet for a while. I can find no settings in the router or on the pC. Any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Probably need to bridge your modem. If your Modem is set with the PPOE clinet software and you plug that into a router it may be causing the error. The modem is not set up on a constant connection,also it belives that it is only set up to one computer, also it basically signs you in everytime you open internet explorer and gives you rights for a set period of time after idling. I had the same problem for a while- bridged the modem, its been like 2 weeks now, no problem yet.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, The modem is an ADSL modem router with wirless link to two PCs on a network. Its just a niggle sometimes I wondered if it was a quick fix. Do you mean bridge filtering? Im a bit new to routers. It asks for MAC address is that right?

Reaction score
Nope that didnt work so put things back. When the notice comes up saying no internet connection available then I close it then go to IE to ckeck mail, It tells me im working offline.

The moden is working because i can check it with a laptop and the modem is seeing the 2 PCs and the network still works to either pc but for some reason it goes to working off line.

Ask a Question