Windows XP OEM OS's

Reaction score
I've heard that your OEM (bulk) OS's dont run on multiple machines from newegg.com, yet heard from someone else they have it installed on 4 computers... So is it able to be applied on different machines even if its the same cd-key? I have 4 computers and need to do a clean install on them as well as on my softwall machine. Any ideas?

This was pulled from newegg.com:

OEM versions are intended for system builders only and cannot be transferred to another PC once it is installed.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i understand that the license is for one machine only, have you tried looking on the microsoft website ?

Reaction score
Nope, but then again i have spare legit cd-keys, I just cant find my disks anymore. Trying to find a cheap way around buying multiple OS cd's. And while i know it can be easily done using a crack that i have, I'd rather go legit with the amount of commercial business I'm getting into. Anyone know if it'll work if i just use another legit cd-key or is the cd-key bound to each cd like on some other software?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
talk to microsoft they should send you a replacement disc cheap

Ask a Question