Odd CPU behavior?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
heres my story....this mostly invovles 3D mark 03 as this is the only way i can benchmark my CPU (that i use anyways)

When i had my "old" AMD XP3000+ in my computer in the CPU benchmarking section of the tests (mostly the one with the Ogres) i usually had about 5fps when it showed them...

now that i have a AMD 64 3500+ i ran the test again, video card was good.... then the CPU test. All of a sudden i got some really poor scores. even in the CPU test 1 it did pretty damn bad, then CPU test 2 (ogres) came around and it hit a new low of 0 fps !
Also when i checked my hardware with 3D Mark 03 it "said" that my CPU was a 768 (something like that) instead of a 939. would a 768 fit in a 939 motherboard?

Why would i get such low scores if the CPU is more powerful? the CPU its self was a OEM which i bought at a reputable retailer (PCClub)
perhaps theres something im missing? the fsb is set to 200 any high and my motherboard warns me that im overclocking

mobo specs
Gigabyte K8NS ULTRA-939 (nForce 3 Ultra)
AMD64 3500-939

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
here some more info if needed

Attachments

• cpu-2288.JPG
    cpu-2288.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 104
Reaction score
The CPU frame rates are worse than the GPU test frame rates. Its meant to be that way...check the ORB and equivalent CPU speeds.... it`ll be the same-ish :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I used to be a benchmark junkie, I used to live by them thinking it meant everything. But the the truth is the only good benchmarks out there are from what you think/feel while playing actual games. You should do your own benchmarks with games like UT2004 and Half Life 2. Just run the fraps benchmark program and run one of the time demos of the games.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Well in UT 04, some areas "feel" like they should run faster that what they are... perhaps it me?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
also when i finished 3dMark 03
i got a cpu score of...171 it dont sound too good
whats yours?

Ask a Question