NTBackup - Hangs while "Preparing to backup using shadow copy"

Any ideas how I might diagnose / fix my backup problem, whereby NTBackup
hangs and I have to manually power down my Dell 8400 (XPS)? My system
includes Serial ATA RAID 1 with dual 250GB drives, an Adaptec 39160 SCSI
adapter and an Exabyte VXA-2 tape drive. It appears that the tape drive is
recognized, as I previously got a message that the tape was being rewound.
This is the first time I've tried to back up this hard drive.

Would the RAIDed drives be an issue? How about Roxio Drag & Drop?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am able to create backups with the
same tape drive hooked to a different computer.

This is a followup to my attached inquiry. Microsoft technical support did
an excellent job in resolving this issue for me via email. All it took was
running the command regsvr32 ole32.dll. (Start-Run-cmd-OK-regsvr32
ole32.dll-Enter) If error messages appear (I got none), you will need to do
a Print Screen and seek further assistance.

Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Similar Problem

Hi Luke

I have a similar Problem an a system running Windows 2003 server. My veritas backup crashes the remote client machine, when the jobs i beeing executed (after Pre-processing = Shadow copy) the system crashes and reboots the server :-(

Did Microsoft Technical Support eplain to you why running the command regsvr32 ole32.dll should solve the problem??