Not receiving forms

B

Brendan Chick

Hi,

I have a custom form published in the Organisational Forms Library. When this form is sent, the recipients do not receive a copy of the sent form.
Maybe the form was not sent at all?

I 'run' the same form in my Personal Forms Library and send it.
The recipients do receive it from here. :?

What could be going on for this to work in the personal library and not in the org library?

I am using Outlook 2003 SP2
-
<-- 'Cool threads, cool threads man.' - lecturer on process handling -->

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

When this form is sent, the recipients do not receive a copy of the sent form.

What do you mean by that? Do the recipients get nothing? Do they get something unexpected?

When you published the form to Org Forms, did you leave the "send form definition with item" box on the Properties page unchecked? That's required. See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=61

Terminology note: Forms are templates. You don't send them. What you send are items created from the forms.

B

Brendan Chick

Hi,

The recipients do not receive any item (template item/object instance etc) in their inbox.

The template has the "send form definition with item" box unchecked and published this way.

One interesting thing to note: the template is created in NT Outlook and published in XP Outlook Org Library due to business rules. Maybe a transitional conflict here??

Furthermore, the recipients do receive a template item/object instance when sent from the Outlook Org Library in NT (not just from the personal library).

So my updated problem is: when I try to send in XP Outlook Org Library it still isn't received, but NT Org Library is sending fine...

-

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Your post is confusing, because there is no such thing as "XP Outlook Org Library." The Organizational Forms library exists only on an Exchange Server machine. Please explain more precisely exactly what steps the user takes and what symptoms result, and be sure to quote earlier messages so we can keep all the details together.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54

Brendan Chick said:
Hi,

The recipients do not receive any item (template item/object instance etc) in their inbox.

The template has the "send form definition with item" box unchecked and published this way.

Furthermore, the recipients do receive a template item/object instance when sent from the Outlook Org Library in NT (not just from the personal library).

So my updated problem is: when I try to send in XP Outlook Org Library it still isn't received, but NT Org Library is sending fine...

Sue Mosher said:

What do you mean by that? Do the recipients get nothing? Do they get something unexpected?

When you published the form to Org Forms, did you leave the "send form definition with item" box on the Properties page unchecked? That's required. See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=61

B

Brendan Chick

there is no such thing as "XP Outlook Org Library.

the template is created in NT Outlook and published in XP Outlook Org Library due to business rules. Maybe a transitional conflict here?

In more detail the form template is designed and created in Outlook 98, which I use on my NT Operating System.
The template is created using 'design form' from the Outlook menu item. 'Publish form As' is chosen once the design has been completed. The template is saved on a server (not exchange server).

The template is published using Outlook 2003 in XP Operating System. I don't have permissions to publish form templates, the person using XP does however. The 'XP User' publishes this form into the Outlook Forms Library.

So my updated problem is: when I try to send in XP Outlook Org Library it still isn't received, but NT Org Library is sending fine..

In my NT OS I choose form from the Outlook Org Library. The form is completed, sent and recipients actually receive an item in their inbox of this.

When I choose form from the Outlook Org Library whilst using my XP OS no recipients receive an item in their inbox.

You could argue that this isn't the best practice of publishing form templates yet it has worked with other forms. (although a version conflict seems highly probable).

I hope this has clarified a somewhat bizzare scenario.

-

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

In my NT OS I choose form from the Outlook Org Library. The form is completed, sent and recipients actually receive an item in their inbox of this.
When I choose form from the Outlook Org Library whilst using my XP OS no recipients receive an item in their inbox.

So, in both cases, you are choosing the form from the Organizational Forms library on the Exchange server? (If you must abbreviate, please use "Org Forms library" not "Outlook Org Library.") In the first case, with Outlook 98, in the second with Outlook 2003, right?. Are you using the same mail account on both machines? If not, that could be a factor in the problem. Please test with the same mail account to eliminate that possibility.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54

Brendan Chick said:
Quote:

In more detail the form template is designed and created in Outlook 98, which I use on my NT Operating System.
The template is created using 'design form' from the Outlook menu item. 'Publish form As' is chosen once the design has been completed. The template is saved on a server (not exchange server).

The template is published using Outlook 2003 in XP Operating System. I don't have permissions to publish form templates, the person using XP does however. The 'XP User' publishes this form into the Outlook Forms Library.

Quote:

You could argue that this isn't the best practice of publishing form templates yet it has worked with other forms. (although a version conflict seems highly probable).

Your post is confusing, because there is no such thing as "XP Outlook Org Library." The Organizational Forms library exists only on an Exchange Server machine. Please explain more precisely exactly what steps the user takes and what symptoms result, and be sure to quote earlier messages so we can keep all the details together.

Brendan Chick said:
Hi,

Sue Mosher said:

Ask a Question