related and have tried repairing microsoft office 2007 - this did not change
anything. I ran diagnostic check in the microsoft office tools - nothing
changed. I attempted to create a new pst but I also receive the "not
implemented" note when trying this. Does anyone have any other suggestions
for this? All other programs appear to be working normal - only outlook is
giving me a headache.

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

what OS? What permission level does your windows user acct have?

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

E

Ed

Iam using XP Pro and am the administrator. The day before this it was working
fine and had worked for months. I also noted that Excel and Work had to go
through an install routine before they came up.

Reaction score
Possible Fix

I have just been struggling with this Outlook 2007/Vista problem for 4 hours and have managed a solution that may work for others. Refresher, whilst the Diagnostic tool does not find any issues and the Repair function (rin from both Control Panel & the Install CD) also seems to run fine, you could not Send/Receive or create New emails as a [Not Implemented] error dialog box would appear. I couldn't even create a new Profile as this feature was also "not installed" nor did executing the OST and PST exe files do anything useful.

I fixed the problem by actually running the install CD and choosing the Change/Add (can remember the exact words) option....then just expanded the Outlook menu drop-down menu! Although I didn't actually alter any of the options the setup then ran for a little while and completed successfully - and hooray! Outlook was returned to its previous glory (!). The setup did not uninstall or install, the previous outlook profile (and all contents) was still there. From an install point of view it shouldn't do anything as no options were altered, but it seems like this config fixes/reinstalls files that the "repair" routine doesnt. Cant promise it will work, but after 4 hours of serious frustration (on top of a sloow brand new Vista laptop) it's worth a try!

S

Shahzad.

Use the Microsoft Office Diagnostics tool located under Microsoft Office
Tools in your start menu, this will fix the problem.

Reaction score
supersym said:
I have just been struggling with this Outlook 2007/Vista problem for 4 hours and have managed a solution that may work for others. Refresher, whilst the Diagnostic tool does not find any issues and the Repair function (rin from both Control Panel & the Install CD) also seems to run fine, you could not Send/Receive or create New emails as a [Not Implemented] error dialog box would appear. I couldn't even create a new Profile as this feature was also "not installed" nor did executing the OST and PST exe files do anything useful.

I fixed the problem by actually running the install CD and choosing the Change/Add (can remember the exact words) option....then just expanded the Outlook menu drop-down menu! Although I didn't actually alter any of the options the setup then ran for a little while and completed successfully - and hooray! Outlook was returned to its previous glory (!). The setup did not uninstall or install, the previous outlook profile (and all contents) was still there. From an install point of view it shouldn't do anything as no options were altered, but it seems like this config fixes/reinstalls files that the "repair" routine doesnt. Cant promise it will work, but after 4 hours of serious frustration (on top of a sloow brand new Vista laptop) it's worth a try!
I also encountered this strange problem and, like you, attempted to "fix" it with the REPAIR choice. No go. Then I tried your suggestion of the CHANGE/ADD choice. The resulting screens presented various options for all the programs within Office. It showed many of the Outlook options were NOT selected for use on this computer!
I reset the missing Outlook options (just clicked/checked the correct boxes) then let the CHANGE/ADD finish its run AND NOW I HAVE MY OUTLOOK FUNCTIONALITY BACK!!
Many Thanks for the suggestion/advice; it is much appreciated!

Ask a Question