Not freeware

steve

Will the person who keeps sending me messages about my software not
being freeware please stop. There is a free 30 day trial version but
it is not freeware by any definition. I don't write or use freeware.

The last free program I wrote was PlanN for DOS about twenty five
years ago. If you can find it you are welcome to it for free but it is
not supported or maintained.

Dave Turner

If I wanted to spam I wouldn't be using my real address.

Your description of your program: "but it is not freeware by any
definition."
Then stop spamming your non-freeware to a freeware newsgroup.

sablegs94

Did you ever stop and think that maybe someone posted Steve's software
in here and called it freeware? That would explain why he posted here
to clarify. I don't regard his message as spam at all, but rather a
logical clarification of his product to clear up any misunderstandings.
Sheesh. You want rip someone's head off, try "Tramp".

steve

Did you ever stop and think that maybe someone posted Steve's software
in here and called it freeware? That would explain why he posted here
to clarify. I don't regard his message as spam at all, but rather a
logical clarification of his product to clear up any misunderstandings.
Sheesh. You want rip someone's head off, try "Tramp".

What happened is this:-

Someone called "ACF Member" was spamming many other non-freeware
groups with a message which was a load of rubbish and claiming he/she
was the leader of this group. I don't really care about that because
it only requires a filter on the name and subject. Then I started to
get emails me using the names of posters to this group. The messages
always started saying my software wasn't freeware and ended with the
same spam as that sent to usenet groups. I didn't want to kill filter
all the names being used so I sent my message to this group where
he/she would definitely see it because this group is the source of the
names.

Steve

Helen

What happened is this:-

Someone called "ACF Member" was spamming many other non-freeware
groups with a message which was a load of rubbish and claiming he/she
was the leader of this group. I don't really care about that because
it only requires a filter on the name and subject. Then I started to
get emails me using the names of posters to this group. The messages
always started saying my software wasn't freeware and ended with the
same spam as that sent to usenet groups. I didn't want to kill filter
all the names being used so I sent my message to this group where
he/she would definitely see it because this group is the source of the
names.

Steve

FWIW, while browsing I ran across posts on various sites with "ACF Member".
Interestingly enough, I've never seen any such moniker in this ng, so I looked
for some identifying trait and found none. I just ignored the apparent false
claim to being an "ACF Member"; however, it is not beyond some in this ng
to anonymously do this. I just ignored the claim and continued marching.

Helen

sablegs94

Sounds complicated Steve, but I wish you the best of luck anyway :)
See you in the private groups. ;)

Susan Bugher

Helen said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote:
FWIW, while browsing I ran across posts on various sites with "ACF Member".
Interestingly enough, I've never seen any such moniker in this ng, so I looked
for some identifying trait and found none. I just ignored the apparent false
claim to being an "ACF Member"; however, it is not beyond some in this ng
to anonymously do this. I just ignored the claim and continued marching.

I only see two *newsgroup* posts by "ACF Member":

"we shall be obeyed!!" posted to alt.comp.programming,
alt.comp.anti-virus, alt.comp.adware, 24hoursupport.helpdesk

"Errors on the gnu web site" posted to alt.comp.programming,
alt.comp.anti-virus, alt.comp.adware, 24hoursupport.helpdesk

"ACF Member" plagiarized a post I made on May 18 in the "Screenshot
Captor: A New Definition for Freeware" thread - then added
misinformation and a bunch of false claims. . .

With "friends" of ACF like this who needs enemies? :(

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Helen

Susan said:
I only see two *newsgroup* posts by "ACF Member":

"we shall be obeyed!!" posted to alt.comp.programming,
alt.comp.anti-virus, alt.comp.adware, 24hoursupport.helpdesk

"Errors on the gnu web site" posted to alt.comp.programming,
alt.comp.anti-virus, alt.comp.adware, 24hoursupport.helpdesk

"ACF Member" plagiarized a post I made on May 18 in the "Screenshot
Captor: A New Definition for Freeware" thread - then added
misinformation and a bunch of false claims. . .

With "friends" of ACF like this who needs enemies? :(

Susan

True! In the 24hoursupport.helpdesk someone referred to the poster
as American Clown Federation, or something similar as they took issue
with the so-called definition of "freeware". I've forgotten where it was,
but someone had responded to he/she/it in another board or blog and
had essentially the same post as was on 24hoursspt...