not disclosing contact names when using Distribution Lists

yves alexis

hello,

I am trying to send a mail to numerous contacts without disclosing the names
of all contacts
is this feasible with outlook ?

thank you very much,

Yves Alexis

William Tatum[MSFT]

Yes, you can use the BCC field to send DLs without disclosing the embedded names. A lot of senders
usually add their e-mail address in the TO: line and put the Distribution List in the BCC: line for privacy of
members in the Distribution List.

Note: BCC: line is Blind Carbon Copy - recipients who are not identified on other recipients headers.
--------------------
From: "yves alexis" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Subject: not disclosing contact names when using Distribution Lists
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:53:44 +0100

hello,

I am trying to send a mail to numerous contacts without disclosing the names
of all contacts
is this feasible with outlook ?

thank you very much,

Yves Alexis

William R. Tatum III - MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook/Office Setup
Microsoft Tecnnical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications