Adding Contacts to Distribution List

emklop

I am trying to create a distribution list on Outlook 2003. When I
click "New" and then "distribution list" everything comes up, but when
I try to "select members" none of my contacts appear in the window.
Even if I try typing a name, nothing shows up in the box below for me
to add a contact to the list. The box that says "Show names from"
with the drop down list says contacts and address book as options, but
neither give me any contacts when I select them. I don't know how to
get the contacts to show up for me to add them to the distribution
list. I am following the steps that it tells me to do on the Outlook
help, but something is missing for me because my contacts don't show
up to give me an option to add.

Sorry if this sounds confusing, it's quite difficult to explain simply
by typing!

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

It sounds like your address book is corrupt. If you click the To field on a
new message form, do you see the contacts? If not, check these settings:

Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right
click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book. Is
the box to enable as email address book is checked?

If this is grayed out...

Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or
address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add
it and close and restart Outlook. If it is listed, then remove it and close
then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add it.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email: http://www.outlook-tips.net/subscribe.htm
http://www.slipstick.com/subscribe_emo.htm