Windows Vista Norton 360 - Uninstall Before Install?

Reaction score
When I got my computer it was loaded with Norton 360 Version 2.0 for a 365 day period. Obviously a year later I was prompted to update membership so I did, to Version 2.0 again (didn't understand what I was supposed to do!). This renewed my membership for another 365 days but my phishing protection and updates were still out of date so I contacted Symantec and tried to download version 3 with the link they gave me. I had to give up as we only get narrowband here in the sticks and it said it would take at least 6 hours to download. Fortunately Symantec have sent me the hard disk to install. My question is, do I have to UNINSTALL Version 2 first...and if so, would that invalidate my membership...or can I install Version 3 then uninstall Version 2???

Reaction score
PCILLITERATE said:
Fortunately Symantec have sent me the hard disk to install. My question is, do I have to UNINSTALL Version 2 first...and if so, would that invalidate my membership...or can I install Version 3 then uninstall Version 2???

Yes you do have to uninstall Version 2 first, and no it won't invalidate your membership.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

You may need THIS to help you uninstall, norton can be a $*&yte. ;)

Good luck!

:user:

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. I have now uninstalled Version 2 and installed version 3. It all seems OK now. Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
PCILLITERATE said:
When I got my computer it was loaded with Norton 360 Version 2.0 for a 365 day period. Obviously a year later I was prompted to update membership so I did, to Version 2.0 again (didn't understand what I was supposed to do!). This renewed my membership for another 365 days but my phishing protection and updates were still out of date so I contacted Symantec and tried to download version 3 with the link they gave me. I had to give up as we only get narrowband here in the sticks and it said it would take at least 6 hours to download. Fortunately Symantec have sent me the hard disk to install. My question is, do I have to UNINSTALL Version 2 first...and if so, would that invalidate my membership...or can I install Version 3 then uninstall Version 2???

go through setup of internet security it will automaticly uninstall it i did it myself

Ask a Question