Normal keys acting as hotkeys

N

Nathan Clinton

I have an old Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro and for some reason, all of my action keys (num lock, control, caps lock, num-pad's enter, etc.) are all acting as one of the keyboard's hotkeys. When I press num lock, for instance, Windows Media Player starts. Left-ctrl opens my favorites. It's really annoying. Does anyone out there have ANY idea what could be wrong? I've tried upgrading to IntelliType 9.1 and that didn't do anything.

The problem started just a couple of days ago. I haven't installed or uninstalled anything. I'm actually leaning towards blaming our cat, who likes to walk our keyboard (when we're trying to use it most preferrably). Anyway, thanks in advance for the help!

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

S

smlunatick

I have an old Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro and for some reason, all of my action keys (num lock, control, caps lock, num-pad's enter, etc.) are all acting as one of the keyboard's hotkeys.  When I press num lock, for instance, Windows Media Player starts.  Left-ctrl opens my favorites.  It's really annoying.  Does anyone out there have ANY idea what could be wrong?  I've tried upgrading to IntelliType 9.1 and that didn't do anything.

The problem started just a couple of days ago.  I haven't installed or uninstalled anything.  I'm actually leaning towards blaming our cat, who likes to walk our keyboard (when we're trying to use it most preferrably).  Anyway, thanks in advance for the help!

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choicehttp://www.eggheadcafe.com

Not familiar with the Natural keyboard but I would check to see if it
has a special key (like F-Lock) that may have been pressed down when
the cat told its stroll.

Ask a Question