NoReadOnly

Frank Bohan

I had a program which added a facility to the right-click menu to remove the
"Read Only" attribute from all files in the folder. I've lost the program
and can't remember its name. Can anyone help.

===

Frank Bohan
¶ Carpet diem = Seize the carpet

K3

Frank said:
I had a program which added a facility to the right-click menu to
remove the "Read Only" attribute from all files in the folder. I've
lost the program and can't remember its name. Can anyone help.

===

Frank Bohan
¶ Carpet diem = Seize the carpet

"Read Only Zero" -->
https://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,25152,00.asp

--
Kendall F. Stratton III
Fort Fairfield, Maine USA

"Support Bacteria - It's the only culture some people have!"

Susan Bugher

Frank said:
I had a program which added a facility to the right-click menu to remove the
"Read Only" attribute from all files in the folder. I've lost the program
and can't remember its name. Can anyone help.

dunno about shell extension apps. . .
an itty-bitty no-install app:

Program: Read Only Zero
Company: Lucersoft
Install: n.i.
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.lucersoft.com/freeware.php
download (readonly.zip - 6 kB)
http://www.lucersoft.com/files/free/readonly.zip

even smaller:

Program: Clear ReadOnly
Company: DataMystic Corporation (was Crystal Software)
Author: Simon Carter
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.crystalsoftware.com.au/readonly.zip
1Kb (yes! 1Kb!)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Author: Simon Carter
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.crystalsoftware.com.au/readonly.zip
1Kb (yes! 1Kb!)

Aha! This may be the one you're looking for:

Program: CROA - Clear Read-Only Attributes
Author: David Crowell
Ware: (Freeware)
http://davidcrowell.com/
http://davidcrowell.com/Croa/

" Easily accessed from Window's own context menu"

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Daze N. Knights

Author: David Crowell
Ware: (Freeware)
http://davidcrowell.com/
http://davidcrowell.com/Croa/

" Easily accessed from Window's own context menu"

Susan

Hey, this seems to be a really handy and nifty little proggie. Thank
yous to both Frank (for raising the subject) and Susan (for locating the
object of the query).

ms

Author: David Crowell
Ware: (Freeware)
http://davidcrowell.com/
http://davidcrowell.com/Croa/

" Easily accessed from Window's own context menu"

Susan

Susan, most of these little programs clear the Read Only attribute, but
do not have the ability to change to another attribute, I like to remove
Read Only, then change to Archive. I use Properties Plus, the old
reliable, does a very nice job on that.

HTH

Mike Sa

Daze N. Knights

ms said:
Susan, most of these little programs clear the Read Only attribute, but
do not have the ability to change to another attribute, I like to remove
Read Only, then change to Archive. I use Properties Plus, the old
reliable, does a very nice job on that.

HTH

Mike Sa

And where do you find this "Properties Plus" freeware?

Susan Bugher

That redirects to the new site - which is no help as the app is gone. .
.. It's on the PL2004 CD. . . DL link below:

Program: Properties Plus
Company: Kish Designs
W: LFW
Ware: (Freeware) LFW (v 1.65)
ftp://ftp.pcworld.co.nz/Pcworld/files/aug2000/pplus165.exe
225 KB (231,061 bytes)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Zo

Susan, most of these little programs clear the Read Only attribute, but
do not have the ability to change to another attribute, I like to remove
Read Only, then change to Archive. I use Properties Plus, the old
reliable, does a very nice job on that.

HTH

Mike Sa

Mike,

If you want a really small shell that does what you indicate above
(Read Only) and (Archive), I just posted a very small shell program
(4kb)
that does only that. The name of program is FPLock- Unlock. The name
of the posted file name is FPLock.zip.

Daze N. Knights

Susan said:
That redirects to the new site - which is no help as the app is gone. .
. It's on the PL2004 CD. . . DL link below:

Program: Properties Plus
Company: Kish Designs
W: LFW
Ware: (Freeware) LFW (v 1.65)
ftp://ftp.pcworld.co.nz/Pcworld/files/aug2000/pplus165.exe
225 KB (231,061 bytes)

Susan

Got it. Will give it a try. Thanks, Susan.

Frank Bohan said:
I had a program which added a facility to the right-click menu to remove the "Read Only" attribute from all files in the folder.
I've lost the program and can't remember its name. Can anyone help.

You don't need a program. Just right-click the files' parent folder and
untick "Read only" and then click "Apply".

Al Klein

Got it. Will give it a try. Thanks, Susan.

If there's still a problem, post, and I'll mangle a program of mine
that does other things so you can set or reset any attribute bit on a
file.

Al Klein

You don't need a program. Just right-click the files' parent folder and
untick "Read only" and then click "Apply".

I think Frank wants to save time changing attributes on lots of files
at once.

ms

Zo said:
Posted to alt.binaries.freeware. Sorry about the omission :-(
Thanks, Zo. But my server does not see binaries groups.

Can you try (IIRC) usendit links?

Mike Sa

Frank Bohan

Al Klein said:
I think Frank wants to save time changing attributes on lots of files
at once.

That is correct, but I'm glad to say that I've found the program (which I
had all the time but had forgotten the name). It is:

CROA http://davidcrowell.com/Croa.aspx

It puts "Clear Read-Only" attributes on right-click menu. Clicking on it
clears read-only on all files in the folder and sub folders. Thanks to all
for responses.

===

Frank Bohan
¶ I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.