Power Cutters - anything known..?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I just wondered whether any of you have tried those new-ish Power Cutters, by Bosch? I have looked around, but they appear to be the only manufacturer who makes them (unless one of you know differently, that is.)

The blurb states that these tools will cut "carpet" but I had carpet tiles in mind, which can be pretty tough. (B&Q have "proper" tufted carpet tiles, which have a sort-of bituminous(?) type backing, they're hard-wearing, but "carpety.") We normally use a good old Stanley knife, but that can be a bit "cream-crackering" on the hands ;) So, if anyone happens to know whether these power cutters are any good, perhaps you would be kind enough to enlighten me. :nod:

If you know about an alternative, I would also be interested to hear about it please :D

Thank you for looking :wave:
:D

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
wow, nice

Did you watch the little video in your link ... ;)

Bosch, good name in powertools. :thumb:

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that tool but I will recommend Bosch.

All the powertools I buy are made by Bosch.

24V Cordless percussion drill - £350.00 - bought July 2007, best drill ever...

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah I had a Bosch Hammer Drill 12v cordless and used it professionally 5 days a week from 1994 to 2001 and it was faultless, Battery died in the end though well it did get recharged for 7 years and Bosch wanted £48 for a new one...Sod that a new drill was only £54 at the time so I invested in another new Bosch and I still have that one now 8 years later..

I like Bosch goodies..
nod.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies guys :wave:

Mucks - yes, I thought the video made it look rather good - I can imagine it being good for "ordinary" carpet, but still uncertain about carpet tiles... they have a backing which is quite tough. I dropped Bosch a line yesterday (from their website) to ask, but no reply from them yet.

Flopps and Crazylegs, yes, we like (and own) Bosch power tools too, they are long-lasting and we found them to be better than the competition. :nod:

I think our oldest, is an "all purpose" power saw, purchased way back in the 1980s. The same model is still being sold to this day, only the shape has been tweaked a bit - the PFZ500. It will cut just about anything, effortlessly (barring carpet tiles ;) that is.)

Think we might get the Power Cutter anyway, it would be useful even for other things... but I'll let you know how well it does on the tiles :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yay!! Success!!

Just thought I would update you on our findings. :)

The Power Cutter was delivered earlier today. It had a wee bit of charge in its battery, but we charged it up properly. It took only two hours, and the indicator light changes from red to green when the charge is complete.

We have just tested a carpet tile and wow! It cuts through it really effortlessly - and keeps a nice straight edge (unlike when the Stanley knife sometimes wanders off true... or is that just me ;) lol.)

It is a nice weight - not too heavy, but not too lightweight either. The starter button cannot be locked in the "on" position, so you have to depress a small button on the side, plus the main trigger. But, it's not difficult and it is suitable for right or left-handed people.

I think we are going to be very pleased with this :thumb: :D
... Anyone want anything cut...?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Yes please, but there might be a small legal issue with removing my other halfs head from the rest of her body :p

Oooh, squishy! :p

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Just thought I would update you on our findings. :)

The Power Cutter was delivered earlier today. It had a wee bit of charge in its battery, but we charged it up properly. It took only two hours, and the indicator light changes from red to green when the charge is complete.

We have just tested a carpet tile and wow! It cuts through it really effortlessly - and keeps a nice straight edge (unlike when the Stanley knife sometimes wanders off true... or is that just me ;) lol.)

It is a nice weight - not too heavy, but not too lightweight either. The starter button cannot be locked in the "on" position, so you have to depress a small button on the side, plus the main trigger. But, it's not difficult and it is suitable for right or left-handed people.

I think we are going to be very pleased with this :thumb: :D
... Anyone want anything cut...?

Could do with a haircut. :D

Ask a Question