Freeware Graveyard

Frank Bohan

<quote> This webspace is dedicated to all these freeware programs that lost
life fighting against shareware industry and decrepitude. I hope, here they
can rest in peace. And will be remembered for good...</quote>

There are over 40 programs for Windows 3.1/9x/NT/2K, with direct links to
the zip downloads.

===

Frank Bohan
¶ I have taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me send money.

Susan Bugher

Frank said:
<quote> This webspace is dedicated to all these freeware programs that lost
life fighting against shareware industry and decrepitude. I hope, here they
can rest in peace. And will be remembered for good...</quote>

There are over 40 programs for Windows 3.1/9x/NT/2K, with direct links to
the zip downloads.

Agree. :) Thorsten Duhn's Freeware Graveyard is a great site (wish he'd list it on the Members Sites
page - hint, hint).

http://fwg.raum108.de/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Thorsten Duhn

Hy
Agree. :) Thorsten Duhn's Freeware Graveyard is a great site
(wish he'd list it on the Members Sites page - hint, hint).

I believe I'm to stupid to do so. I read I must post here for
suggestions? Okay, this is it. But my major site is, even when
only available in german, my FreewareGuide.de. Maybe both
should be listed? I really don't know...

Thanks,
Thorsten

Susan Bugher

Thorsten said:
Hy

I believe I'm to stupid to do so. I read I must post here for
suggestions? Okay, this is it. But my major site is, even when
only available in german, my FreewareGuide.de. Maybe both
should be listed? I really don't know...

As far as I know we've never listed more that one entry in the table for each person - if you would
like two entries or two links that probably should be discussed a bit in the newsgroup. I think it's
an idea worth considering. SOS has two URLs (with the same content), REMbranded's Wounded Moon site
is not shown on the Members page. IMO the page would be more useful if we showed those URLs.

Another way to handle several sites is by an "end run". . . ;)

for example. . .

Vegard Krog Petersen has quite a few sites - his site description reads "Sarah Michelle Gellar
(Buffy) Solitaire and other freeware-related sites dedicated to pc games for Solitaire MahJongg,
Halma & Chinese Chekers, Pachisi & Ludo, Fishing Games and Adult Solitaire." and the link on the
Members page goes to an index page that has links to all his sites:

http://home.no/buffy2/links_vkp.html

The choice is yours - what site or sites would you like to list on the Members Sites page. Once we
know that I'm sure we can figure out a way to do it.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Thorsten Duhn

Hy,
The choice is yours - what site or sites would you like to list on
the Members Sites page. Once we know that I'm sure we can figure
out a way to do it.

even when FreewareGraveyard gives downloads of lost freewares (like
other sites also do, Rareware@MoleZone or LastFreewareVersion), the
site I maintain, I hopefully work on and update regularly is always
FrewareGuide.de. Graveyard is just to support this with some down-
loads, I had to devide it for provider reasons (to safe me from
traffic costs and so on). I never promoted Graveyard in any way,
I think there is much more potential in it, but it's not my
priority.

So, please include FreewareGuide.de in AFC members and feel free
to use Graveyard as download source for your own sites. As long
as you use the links on the page (the php redirector) it should
remain available.

Regards,
Thorsten

Susan Bugher

Thorsten Duhn wrote:

So, please include FreewareGuide.de in AFC members and feel free
to use Graveyard as download source for your own sites. As long
as you use the links on the page (the php redirector) it should
remain available.

Thank you Thorsten. :) I've added your site - let me know if you want to add some information to the
description (I just gave the name).

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/Members.php

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Susan Bugher

Thorsten said:
Big big thanks!

YW. :)
Maybe you can name it "FreewareGuide.de [selected freeware] (german)"
and use my button: http://www.freewareguide.de/pix/gui_button.gif
(standard sized like you 0.gif)...

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/Members.php

Okay now?