=========================
Date: January 25, 2000
Nocturne Build 1.00.52
=========================

Support:

If you need technical support for Nocturne, please contact the Gathering Of Developers at:

Gathering of Developers Technical Support Line: (214) 303-1202

Gathering of Developers Technical Support Email: (e-mail address removed)

==================
Reasons to install this patch:

1. This version of Nocturne fixes problems with hardware mixing and SoundBlaster Live cards.

2. This version of Nocturne allows 2MB ATI 3D Expression cards to start Nocturne.

3. This version of Nocturne fixes various script anomalies that could prevent Nocturne from operating correctly under unusual
circumstances. An example is little Tommy will start his dialog in the church even if he has somehow gotten stuck on a pew.

4. The ambient sound for Act 1 will now play, but only if you have done a complete install.

5. This version of Nocturne includes a fix that allows Voodoo3 cards running the 1.03.00 drivers (or later) from 3Dfx to run at full
speed with hardware acceleration.

==================
Directions:

Unzip this file to any temporary directory of your choice. When you run nocpatch2.exe, the patch file will locate your installed
version of Nocturne.

Please, keep this patch file. If you reinstall Nocturne, or if you have done a selective or minimal install, when you install a new
Act in Nocturne, this patch must be applied each time AFTER you have installed a new Act.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| Nocturne seems to install just fine-but when I click the icon to start the
| game the following messege comes up: Please copy Nocturne to your hard drive
| File:inivar.cpp Line: 84 Does anyone know what I can do about this? I have
| Windows XP Home - Pent 4 Process. -Radeon 9600 Pro- Plenty of room
| available for game. Thanks. Mike

Jimmy S.

Hi,

I'm quoting the original post to help recap the situation.

So far we've tried the following:
Installed Patch: http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?section=560&file=36159
Emailed Developers
Uninstalled game; Copied the CD to the HD and reinstalled from there.

Things we haven't tried:
Play Nocturne using an Administrator's account.
Play Nocturne using Windows 95/98/2000 Compatibility mode
Checked for Software conflicts

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| Nocturne seems to install just fine-but when I click the icon to start the
| game the following messege comes up: Please copy Nocturne to your hard drive
| File:inivar.cpp Line: 84 Does anyone know what I can do about this? I have
| Windows XP Home - Pent 4 Process. -Radeon 9600 Pro- Plenty of room
| available for game. Thanks. Mike

Jimmy S.

Recap/Updated inline :)