No Sound

Reaction score
The Creative Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card PCI on a friends PC seems to be having problems. In device manager everything is OK, but no sound is coming out of the speakers. All speakers are connected up OK but no sound.

The warranty has run out on the PC so not sure what to do, any advice? is it a sound card or speaker problem or both?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Try some different speakers just to make sure (or try them on another device, i.e HiFi).

Its probably some software problem :) This sounds daft, but I guess your friend has checked the volume levels in the system tray (under advanced).?

Reaction score
All setting's are OK, just no sound. My friend has an on site warranty but thinks the company concerned will not send out an engineer and if they RTB the PC it will be at least 2 weeks without a PC!

Have already tried different speakers though, it does a bit strange that no errors have come up in device manager as it was the first place i looked.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Were they working fine before with this card, and then suddenly no sound?

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
check in control panel and audio devices if the sound card is set to the dafault sound card and then hit apply and see if that works

Reaction score
All was working fine until Sunday then nothing, nothing has been done to the PC or anything removed or added, but still no sound, it's as if the Sound Card is not their? But all is OK in device Manager??

Update: Re-installed drivers but got some sort of noise out the speakers when the system re-booted, but no real sound???

Last edited:
Reaction score
Update @ 18:15 (6.15pm)

All OK & all very strange! Re-installed the drivers for a 4th time and re-booted and we get sound. The speakers are however the problem, they seem to work, then suddenly they dont, then sound comes out when the sound control is on low, very dodgy!

Thanks for all your posts to the problem:thumb:

Ask a Question