no sound

G

I upgraded fro ME to XP and have NO SOUND. I went through all the directives at the support site, checked all settings, downloaded new updates and drivers from Creative Soundblaster Live! and Windows Media Player, checked that all the drivers were compatable and enabled, but still NO SOUND -- not even the microsoft audio at startup
What next?

D

dev

/well/ said:
I upgraded fro ME to XP and have NO SOUND. I went through all the directives at the support site, checked all settings, downloaded new updates and drivers from Creative Soundblaster Live! and Windows Media Player, checked that all the drivers were compatable and enabled, but still NO SOUND -- not even the microsoft audio at startup.
What next?

Check here...
http://kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm

"Where did my sound go?"

G

Here are some posibilities. First is there a audio sound icon in the taskbar? Is it on or muted? Is the audio possibly turned off in the bios? Go to the control panel and check the audio area and see if the drivers are installed and are correct for your audio. See if the audio area is listed in the device manager. If they are turned off there, they will have red x's on them. And are you sure the speaker wire is pluged into the right plug in back? Usually when you have no audio after an upgrade or format I found that the correct audio drivers were not in place. Anyway these are some posibilities, I hope one of them does the trick.

Ask a Question