"No signal"

Reaction score
Whenever I turn the monitor on, regardless of whether the tower is swicthed on or not, all I get is a few seconds of a black screen, then a yellow box flashes up to say "No signal" and abruptly goes into hibernation.

I've had no other problems; it started yesterday. I think it might be something to do with power (or lack of), or a damaged graphics card...

any ideas as to how I can even get the monitor back on again?

edit: Its not loose. hm... i think the card may somehow be damaged :(

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well thats what it will do when the towers off. ;)

You tried the usual, new/different monitor and GFX card? Different cable? Tried the other DVI port?

Reaction score
Thanks V_R, I have tried a new monitor, spare cables and the second port, but it still comes up with the same message. I just had a chat with my uncle, and the exact same thing happened; windows was completly corrupted. I also had a number of completly random bsod's just befoe the "No signal" box appeared. The same thing in fact happened to my dad with his vista laptop, and even my computing teacher had a corrupted installation of windows, with almost identical symptoms.

my uncles friend is just coming over soon, to copy the data i want to keep to an external hard drive and reinstall windows. the hardware isn't the problem here, we seem to be certain its windows.

Reaction score
:D

All sorted now, we decided to do a CMOS button press which took us to BIOS. Disabled a few bits of hardware/software that we thought were unecassary, and that was it! running smoothly with no errors! (so far:D)

Ask a Question