no rdp connection over vpn

G

Hell

i'm experiencing a really big problem with our terminal services.
One of our branch offices is connected to our company via VPN. The VPN was established by another Company and is nearly invisibly to us. The VPN ends in the DMZ and the Data that comes through have to pass our firewall (Symantec). The Routes to us and back to the branch offices are set on all devices that are participated. All Rules on the Firewall are cerefully set. But when the Clients (HP T5300 Thin Clients) in the branch office are trying to connect to the Terminal Servers, it always fails. They can ping our Servers and i can ping them, i can reach the Printservers via http, everthing looks good except the RDP Connection. While the Clients are trying to connect, the Firewall shows an established Connection, from those Clients to the Terminal Servers. But the funny thing is, when i put one of those Thin Clients in the DMZ it works fine, without a problem. RDP via Dial Up Connection runs also fine

Thanks for Your hel

Thilo

G

If the VPN Tunnel terminates in the DMZ and the Terminal Server is on the Private Network you'll need to create a rule to allow TCP Port 3389 traffic from the DMZ to the TS' Private IP Address. RDP Traffic on port 3389 is encrypted so there's no significant impact on security

Patrick Rous
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Serve
www.workthin.com

Ask a Question