No Logon Servers

G

I've recently installed Win2K Adv Serv with Active Directory and DNS running on 1 machine at home. I have 2 additional client machines on the LAN, both are running XP Pro. I can see the other clients from Win Explorer on the Win2K Adv Serv machine, and I can ping them. However, when I try to connect to them, I receive the following error

"There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

Any help is appreciated

Randy

R

Rob Elder MVP-Networking

You must configure your clients to use the DNS server that is hosting your
AD namespace. That DNS must also have the SVR records.

Randy said:
I've recently installed Win2K Adv Serv with Active Directory and DNS
running on 1 machine at home. I have 2 additional client machines on the
LAN, both are running XP Pro. I can see the other clients from Win Explorer

S

Sergio Moreno

Are the client PCs supposed to be members of the domain? Configure the client PCs to point to the DNS server that is hosting your AD namespace zone in
your network and see if that resolves the problem. You may want to try joining the Win XP pro PCs to the domain if they need to domain members.
--------------------
Subject: No Logon Servers
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:51:03 -0700
I've recently installed Win2K Adv Serv with Active Directory and DNS running on 1 machine at home. I have 2 additional client machines on the LAN, both are
running XP Pro. I can see the other clients from Win Explorer on the Win2K Adv Serv machine, and I can ping them. However, when I try to connect to them, I
receive the following error

"There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

Any help is appreciated

Randy
--
Sergio Moreno
Microsoft Windows Networking

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.

Ask a Question