No Boot-Up, No Safe Mode, Now What?

Newsgroup Jeff

My computer will not boot up. It freezes on the very first screen - the one
that shows the Dell logo - and stays that way. The only way to restart is
to hold down the on-off button. I tried booting in safe mode, but no dice.
I start by pressing the on-off button and keep hitting F8. But it just
stays on that very first screen, frozen. What now? Anybody? Help.
Thanks, Jeff

Edwin vMierlo

sounds like you have a hardware problem

did you install HW lately ?
if so, take this out

Bruce Chambers

Newsgroup said:
My computer will not boot up. It freezes on the very first screen - the one
that shows the Dell logo - and stays that way. The only way to restart is
to hold down the on-off button. I tried booting in safe mode, but no dice.
I start by pressing the on-off button and keep hitting F8. But it just
stays on that very first screen, frozen. What now? Anybody? Help.
Thanks, Jeff

Contact Dell for warranty support of your hardware problem.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: