NLB TS2k - wont distribute TS CAL

G

Im using a NLB device (Coyetepoint E350)to try and NLB the TS 2k servers
One of the test servers in the farm has the TS licensing service running..so I know when this server is NOT behind the E350 it WILL distribute the TS cal to the user machin

Now that the TS1 is behind the E350 the E350 will NOT allow the TS licensing service to pass the TS CAL to the user machine

MY Q is this
IF say I had a DC 2K with the licensing service running to do the TS licensing service...would the DC do the TS CAL to the user machine??

tech Info
the E350 is like a router...with a NLB module...my main network is say 172.16.10.x (all normal machine there
the E350 has 2 NIC'c (int, ext) the ext NIC is 172.16.10.23, Int NIC is 192.168.100.
the TS1 is at 192.168.100.
So ALL traffic to the TS1 Must go thru the E35
(yes have routes correct)
So for the TS1 to pass the TS CAL to the user machine it must go thru the E350... BUT the E350 will NOT pass the TS CA
yes IF I place the TS CAL in the reg manually OR connect to a machine NOT behind the E350 the TS CAL is put in my reg..everything works OK....I can even connect to TS1 once the TS CAL is in my reg
So would the DC do the TS CAL distribution for the TS1 server

thanks
bil

G

For 2000 TS the TSLS should be on a Domain Controller. 2000 Terminal Services Licensing FAQ here

http://www.workthin.com/tsls2k.ht

Patrick Rous
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Serve
http://www.workthin.co

----- bill wrote: ----

Im using a NLB device (Coyetepoint E350)to try and NLB the TS 2k servers
One of the test servers in the farm has the TS licensing service running..so I know when this server is NOT behind the E350 it WILL distribute the TS cal to the user machin

Now that the TS1 is behind the E350 the E350 will NOT allow the TS licensing service to pass the TS CAL to the user machine

MY Q is this
IF say I had a DC 2K with the licensing service running to do the TS licensing service...would the DC do the TS CAL to the user machine??

tech Info
the E350 is like a router...with a NLB module...my main network is say 172.16.10.x (all normal machine there
the E350 has 2 NIC'c (int, ext) the ext NIC is 172.16.10.23, Int NIC is 192.168.100.
the TS1 is at 192.168.100.
So ALL traffic to the TS1 Must go thru the E35
(yes have routes correct)
So for the TS1 to pass the TS CAL to the user machine it must go thru the E350... BUT the E350 will NOT pass the TS CA
yes IF I place the TS CAL in the reg manually OR connect to a machine NOT behind the E350 the TS CAL is put in my reg..everything works OK....I can even connect to TS1 once the TS CAL is in my reg
So would the DC do the TS CAL distribution for the TS1 server

thanks
bil

Ask a Question