Nintendo Wii

Reaction score
Righto - been after a Wii for a while now, and apparantly they are available in europe like this link will show.

http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-Wii-K..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1196018286&sr=8-1

So whats the deal with them from abroad? Could I play English games on the console? Or will it be like the PS3 where I can play any game, just the DVD's will be restricted?

Seems tempting, but Im guessing the warranty will be a pain if the console were to break on me

Or easier, has anybody got one they would like to sell! Christmas present to the family you see :p

Thanks

Geo

Last edited:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I got mine from Gamestation (via a email link) for £304 inc delivery for..

The Console
Wii sports pack

Big Brain training game
Ratatouille game
Mario Strikers game
Mario Party 8 game

good deal considering the rarity ...

A Wii availability link
happywave.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
hmmm not sure if i can justify paying out £300 for a console when really all i intended to spend is £180!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
A google seems to say that the wii is region locked, and also isn't? I don't think it can defy quantum mechanics so one of those answers will be correct ;)

However, if it was you'd think it would be a Europe wide lock only otherwise it would cause big distribution problems for games.

The lack of (an easy) warranty would be a problem with an EU import machine, so it might be best to see if you can get one local. I think Ady said a supermarket had them in for £180 recently, so it might be worth asking round :)

Reaction score
Yeh may be my best bet, i'll go hunting for one in the small town of Hertford tomorow :p There must be one lying about somewhere in that place!

And that's what I got when I googled it, hence me asking in here if anyone knew!

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting:-

Softuk.com Site terms and conditions:

All purchases are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable.

This statement, found in their Terms and conditions, contravenes the Consumer Transactions (Restrictions on Statements) Order 1976, which states that any retailer displaying notice 'NO REFUNDS' are committing an offence.

However, this is from a later paragraph -

In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, Softuk.com Ltd shall, at its own option, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question PROVIDED THAT you notify Softuk.com Ltd of the problem in writing at the address stated in the confirmation e-mail within 10 working days of delivery of the goods. NOTHING IN THIS CLAUSE AFFECTS YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.

So the terms and conditions contradict themselves. I, therefore, would not touch this site. Goodness knows what their legal team must be like.

[DISCLAIMER] This post, in my opinion, is not defamatory and only represents my personal opinion and not the opinion of PCReview. You do not have to take this opinion when deciding whether or not to use this retailer. I am not a qualified lawyer.

Last edited:

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
david22 said:
*Removed*

i have seen this before on thise site once and on other sites before, this guy is a spammer and the code he gives you is so he can gain a comission on what you buy. i have seen many negative things about this site before so would advise to stay away

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Indeed a quick google finds quite a few one post wonders by him for the same deal.....

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Wish I hadn't bothered with my post now!

But something just didn't look right, it looked amateurish so I looked around on the site a bit.

Reaction score
am glad the wii is out selling the ps3 .

So everyone after the wii for christmas .

PS3 hahahhahaha ,now come on sony your falling behind.

Reaction score
I prefer the PS3 over the Wii personally, The Wii is a game for your friends, playing single player is a bit boring when nobody is there to laugh at you looking like a prat :p

Ask a Question