Newsgroups - MY messages

- Bobb -

Alan,
I does that. On my screen it shows any threads that I've been involved in.
( Did that with OE also.)
Tools- View - Hide Read - Show replies to my messages+ group by conversation
= shows only unread messages in any of "your messages" threads: whether
"replies" or you start 'em - doesn't matter.

Bobb

-Bobb

Just installed x86 Beta 2 - in Mail ( new OE) , setup my newsgroups and
noticed that when I do a View- All messages - Replies to my messages . I
went to tools- options - "get next 999" and it lists my messages/replies
at the top - but shows all others too. So, I went to View - Current View -
to double-check my settings and noticed that there is an option to:

" Show only Useful Conversations"

Now THAT's interesting .... and it does show only my messages!
How nice of them to be so considerate and call only my messages USEFUL.
(Even though mine are usually questions and not answers.)

Bobb

Alan Simpson

Yeah, the message rules and view options are pretty cool in Windows Mail. It
would be nice to have an option to automatically "Mark items to which I
reply as Watched", along with the option to mark threads you initiate as
watched.

Mark D. VandenBerg

Hey Bobb!

Glad you are up and running.

- Bobb - said:
Alan,
I does that. On my screen it shows any threads that I've been involved in.
( Did that with OE also.)
Tools- View - Hide Read - Show replies to my messages+ group by
conversation
= shows only unread messages in any of "your messages" threads: whether
"replies" or you start 'em - doesn't matter.

Bobb

- Bobb -

Mark D. VandenBerg said:
Hey Bobb!

Glad you are up and running.

Thanks Mark.
I finally had to give up on getting X64 Vista downloaded and onto a CD
with the right checksum. X86 had no hiccups at all . Now I can get on
with it. Thanks for the help

Bobb

Mark D. VandenBerg

Hey Bobb, With the x64 ISO, I downloaded the sucker four separate times, and
file-checked the last one with four different apps. I used "GetRight" to
download it and its built-in checker verified the file as correct. Nero's
MD5 checker would just crash, the one recommended by Zack on his website
would come up with the wrong hash, and the one called "md5" as recommended
by Jane C. came-up with the correct hash.

So there I sat, six Bloody Maries in to the process, with two correct, one
incorrect and one app crash. So I said "ah #$%^ it, and burned a disc.
Works great, I am using to type this.

- Bobb -

Thanks Mark,
I'll fetch that program and reread Jane's eariler message in the other
thread.
I used the checker from Zack's page but never got the right checksum. I
used the one Andre mentioned and got same thing.
Every time I got the same WRONG checksum - that's the wierd part - I
download 965mb and get the SAME wrong checksum ??? I could see if they
were all different , but to incorrectly arrive with the same checksum
.... the odds are astronomical : that's why I gave up. I'll try it again
and update the other thread rather than using this new one

Thanks to all.

- Bobb -

got getright and downloading x64 .iso now

- Bobb - said:
Thanks Mark,
I'll fetch that program and reread Jane's eariler message in the other
thread.
I used the checker from Zack's page but never got the right checksum.
I used the one Andre mentioned and got same thing.
Every time I got the same WRONG checksum - that's the wierd part - I
download 965mb and get the SAME wrong checksum ??? I could see if
they were all different , but to incorrectly arrive with the same
checksum ... the odds are astronomical : that's why I gave up. I'll
try it again and update the other thread rather than using this new
one

Thanks to all.

Colin Barnhorst

When you burn, burn at the slowest speed permitted by your software. MS
reports that three fourths of these problems are actually due to the burn
speed.