Conversation view does not group together all posts in a conversation

VanguardLH

Outlook 2013

I can't get OL2013 to properly thread together multiple e-mails in a
conversation. It will thread my reply to the parent message but
someone's reply to me start a whole new conversation. The messages look
like:

Message #1:
Subject: string1

Message #2 (reply to message #1):