Newsgroup Messages not showing up

CJ

Hi Groupies:

For the past couple of weeks I have noticed that the messages that I send to
newsgroups are not
showing up in Windows Mail on my Vista computer. The messages show up in
Sent Items.

When I check via the Internet my newsgroup messages are visible and seem to
be fine.

I have tried unsubscribing/subscribing with no change.

Any ideas?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

CJ said:
Hi Groupies:

For the past couple of weeks I have noticed that the messages that I send
to newsgroups are not
showing up in Windows Mail on my Vista computer. The messages show up in
Sent Items.

When I check via the Internet my newsgroup messages are visible and seem
to be fine.

I have tried unsubscribing/subscribing with no change.

Any ideas?

Tools | Options | Read
Uncheck "Get 300 headers at a time".

mac

CJ said:
Hi Groupies:

For the past couple of weeks I have noticed that the messages that I send
to newsgroups are not
showing up in Windows Mail on my Vista computer. The messages show up in
Sent Items.

When I check via the Internet my newsgroup messages are visible and seem
to be fine.

I have tried unsubscribing/subscribing with no change.

Any ideas?

The problem that you are experiencing is known and is being researched by
MS.

It is caused by the Communities Rating Feature, the one that allows you to
'Rate' an answer, when signed in.
It also puts the MVP logo to my posts.

You can continue using it, or disable it at tools>options>general.

Just in case anyone else pops along, also go to tools>options>read tab and
remove the checkmark from "get ### headers>apply/ok.

Gary VanderMolen

In addition to the suggestions from the other responders, make
sure you haven't accidentally added (e-mail address removed)
to your Blocked Senders list.