Newsgroup messages JUMP! Please help.....

~ Free Spirit ~

I have a new HP with W-XP and use OE-6 for getting basic Usenet's Newsgroups
(through my ISP). The problem is as we read the messages, especially those
over 4 kb they will not stay in place as we scroll down. They JUMP back to
the top of the message, making us lose our place - which we have to scroll
down to find - just to have the message JUMP back to the top of the post.
It's very irritating and time-wasting to have to keep scrolling down to find
our place again. We've been online now since 1996 and have never had this
happen on our older computers (with W95 and W98SE). Is there any way to
stop this irritating behavior of returning to the top of posts over and over
as we're trying to read them? This sometimes also happens on webpages
(IE6). The screen suddenly is back at the TOP of the webpage making us lose
our place on the page.

Thanks.....

FS.......

Jeffrey Kaplan

Previously on microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, ~ Free Spirit ~ said:

; our place again. We've been online now since 1996 and have never had this
; happen on our older computers (with W95 and W98SE). Is there any way to
; stop this irritating behavior of returning to the top of posts over and over
; as we're trying to read them? This sometimes also happens on webpages

Yes. Get a newsreader that knows how to behave.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan <*> www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled <*> Send personal mail to gordol

Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #10. I
will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum -- a small hotel
well outside my borders will work just as well.

~ Free Spirit ~

If I hold the SHIFT key the post will *not open!* How do I OPEN a post to
reply while holding down the shift-key? How do I stop it from JUMPING back
to the top of the message as we're trying to read it and perhaps trying to
reply????

Is there any way to FIX this problem so we can READ and REPLY to posts
without having them constantly jumping back to the top of the message?

Thanks

~ Free Spirit ~

No one on this NG knows anything about this problem? I've looked everywhere
and there is no mention of it (helpfiles, the net, MS site etc). Any
suggestions except the one already offered that does not work?