Newsgroup messages and Outlook Express

Lizzie

I have Outlook Express set up to delete the newsgroup messages 3 days after
they are downloaded, but that doesn't happen. I've looked through all the
options of OE and the properties of the newsgroup and I don't see other
settings that would conflict with that. Is there something I'm not seeing
or understanding, or does OE needs a repair?

Thanks for any help.

Liz

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi Liz,

Done as a rule, it needs to be applied. It will not happen automatically.
Done under maintenance options, you still would need to use the clean up
button for the older ones to be removed.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Yao Su

The rule only applies when the message bodies are downloadED.

If you want to clean up the old ones, please use the key DEL - available
only on Outlook Express 6 with SP1 and later versions.

Ron Sommer

The setting only deletes the message body.
Create a message rule.
Manually apply the rule.
Compact the folder while offline.

Cleanup that Rick mentioned will remove all messages.