Newsgroup Maintenance

scorpion53061

Is there any way I can contact somebody that has a say so over the
newsgroups to have a thread removed from several boards?

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

* "scorpion53061 said:
Is there any way I can contact somebody that has a say so over the
newsgroups to have a thread removed from several boards?

AFAIK no: The MSFT news servers do not support cancel messages. I
cannot even remove posts with my name faked by F.C.

William Ryan

Herfried:

I think there may be a way but I'm just guessing... a little while back a
guy who posted under Alvin Bruney (although there was a real Alvin Bruney
before this) posted some pretty hardcode porn/feces pictures, and they
pulled those. Not sure who pulled it, but I think someone up there can yank
it. Whether or not they will is another story.

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

* "William Ryan said:
Herfried:

I think there may be a way but I'm just guessing... a little while back a
guy who posted under Alvin Bruney (although there was a real Alvin Bruney
before this) posted some pretty hardcode porn/feces pictures, and they
pulled those. Not sure who pulled it, but I think someone up there can yank
it. Whether or not they will is another story.

Spam will be removed if possible...

scorpion53061

tell me who you contacted so I can at least try to have these threads
removed.

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

* "scorpion53061 said:
tell me who you contacted so I can at least try to have these threads
removed.

From my experience: Forget it -- the message is stored on lots of news
servers around the world. All you can do, is removing it from the
Google Groups Search (but AFAIK this is only possible with messages you
wrote yourself).