Newsgroup info about windows 7

Greg

Newsgroup info about windows 7

There is a problem with the alt.windows7.general newgroups. I
don't think it is named correctly. That is why some news severs are
not caring this. I think.

Greg

Here is my new server response.
alt.windows7.general

the idea is that there's discussion in alt.config, a proper newsgroup
charter is written, there's agreement on the actual name (alt.config
discussed alt.os.windows-7 last week), and someone sends a control
message. This is necessary to ensure adequate interest and agreement.

Until then, please use one of the general / .misc groups!

Tim Slattery

Greg said:
the idea is that there's discussion in alt.config, a proper newsgroup
charter is written, there's agreement on the actual name (alt.config
discussed alt.os.windows-7 last week), and someone sends a control
message. This is necessary to ensure adequate interest and agreement.

!! I thought that one BIG reason for the existence of alt.* was to get
away from exactly this kind of process in the Big8 hierarchies.
Admittedly, this is something that I'm not at all in touch with. Has
alt.* split into anarchic and regulated parts?

Greg

If you either learn how to write, or have someone who has, try it for you,
you may find it works better.

What is wrong with my grammar? It is fine. I just pasted what my
news server told me. I just missed one letter bfd. It was an "s"
if anyone can't figure it out. The rest of the post is not my
grammar, but is my news server response to my question. Which is
understandable. I am in the U.S. they are in Germany.

Greg

Gordon

Greg said:
What is wrong with my grammar? It is fine. I just pasted what my
news server told me. I just missed one letter bfd. It was an "s"
if anyone can't figure it out. The rest of the post is not my
grammar, but is my news server response to my question. Which is
understandable. I am in the U.S. they are in Germany.

Greg

To be absolutely pedantic, you misspelled "carrying"....... ;-)

Gordon

Opinicus said:
Refreshing and checking my newsgroup list I see that there is a
"microsoft.public.it.windows7" group. Huh? Whatever did the Italians do to
get a Win7 group on on the microsoft.public server?

They haven't. It's gone.