Newsgroup for Windows 7

Steve Hayes

Is there a newsgroup for Windows 7?

I want to create shortcuts to a program but it doesn't show the program
location.

I want to change icons for a program but it won't do it.

I know this one is for XP, but I can't find a Windows 7 one.

occam

Is there a newsgroup for Windows 7?

I want to create shortcuts to a program but it doesn't show the program
location.

I want to change icons for a program but it won't do it.

I know this one is for XP, but I can't find a Windows 7 one.

No newsgroups for Win 7, I am afraid. You will need to ask your question
at the appropriate Forum.

Select the one you need from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

I despise Forums. So, good luck!

Steve Hayes

No newsgroups for Win 7, I am afraid. You will need to ask your question
at the appropriate Forum.

Select the one you need from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

I despise Forums. So, good luck!

Well a newsgroup is a kind of forum, but if it's a web-interface forum it's
very difficult to know or find out when anyone has answered a question. I
usually forget to look, and then when I remember to look I can't find the
place again.

William B. Lurie

Steve said:
Well a newsgroup is a kind of forum, but if it's a web-interface forum it's
very difficult to know or find out when anyone has answered a question. I
usually forget to look, and then when I remember to look I can't find the
place again.

Newsgroups and forums are only as good (or bad) as the people
who inhabit them. Be a good neighbor, and hop you find other
good neighbors. I already migrated to an XP forum and got
a response as quickly as I've always gotten from the MVPs
here. And at least one of the names stayed the same......

Shenan Stanley

Steve said:
Is there a newsgroup for Windows 7?

I want to create shortcuts to a program but it doesn't show the
program location.

I want to change icons for a program but it won't do it.

I know this one is for XP, but I can't find a Windows 7 one.

Erik said:
"alt.windows7.general" but not all news servers carry it.

Steve said:
Alas, mine is one that doesn't.

Use a different server then...
http://aioe.org/

Over 40,000 newsgroups - including the one under discussion here.