Reaction score
Hi Built My new system and it ploughs through any app or game;

AMD 4000+ Standard heatsink
ASUS A8N SLI PREMIUM (HEATPIPE ONE)
POV GeForce 7800 GTX
1GB Corsair 3200 Ram
200 GB Sata Drive
THERMALTAKE SHARK CASE

So far the system runs fine just thinking about a couple of extras.

The Asus diagnostic tool sais avg CPU temp 32-38 degrees C But rose once too 45 after a hard session on network'd pacific fighters (strangely addictive game). Any suggestions on maybe a fan controller or other cooling aid if you think it is required.
-The shark case is open sided and i was thinking extra fan(s) bringing air in and out.

Plus I'm Looking for a Good gaming flatscreen(tft) moniter. Around £200+

Cheers

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
thats a nice system, either change the HSF or put in some fans although im pretty sure those thermaltake cases are full of fans ?

if you want a new HSF then consider the Zalman CNPS7700-CU and the ThermalRight XP-90C

Reaction score
there's two fans built into the case both 120mm but the front one drawing air in is screwed unless the case door is open which can be awkward.

Thanks the system has too last till i pay off all uni debts and get a good paying job so about 2067 at the current rate

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
At least you got your prioritys right, buy a kickass killah system over paying off your uni debts.

Anyway, a good flat pannel monitor for £200 and under

The Viewsonic VE710s is pretty7 good with an 8ms response time and at £158 inc VAT, you cant go wrong ;).

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/lcd17.html (4th from bottom)

Ask a Question