New site problem

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Hi Ian
Just thought I would give this a mention. I don't know if anybody else is experiencing it. But when I have replied to posts and lick Submit Reply, there seems to be quite a delay before the post actually goes. This can rane say between 7 an 15 seconds. It happens in both IE 8 and Firefox.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Fine here... If anything its faster now than its ever been. :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I've just run Ccleaner and did a hard reset on my router as I was thnking that might be the cause. Well I will only know once I hit reply.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got "slow logging" enabled in MySQL which should report any delays in submitting any data, and it all seems to be going smoothly - so I think the server end is ok from what I can tell. I'm not sure what I could do to check in more detail as I can't replicate it either, so hopefully it's just a temporary issue somewhere along the line :).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hi Ian
Just thought I would give this a mention. I don't know if anybody else is experiencing it. But when I have replied to posts and lick Submit Reply, there seems to be quite a delay before the post actually goes. This can rane say between 7 an 15 seconds. It happens in both IE 8 and Firefox.

Funny thing, innit? It's always you, 'Evan' who has issues with the site.

In just about any of the numerous instances where you've had problems with this forum site, nobody else has experienced those problems.

What does this tell us?

I'm not really sure but it's likely you maybe have a hardware problem or maybe your software config is a bit doolally.

Or it may be something else, perhaps, maybe.

And FWIW no probs here, site's running faster than a greyhound out the traps at Crayford Stadium.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Funny thing, innit? It's always you, 'Evan' who has issues with the site.

In just about any of the numerous instances where you've had problems with this forum site, nobody else has experienced those problems.

What does this tell us?

I'm not really sure but it's likely you maybe have a hardware problem or maybe your software config is a bit doolally.

Or it may be something else, perhaps, maybe.

And FWIW no probs here, site's running faster than a greyhound out the traps at Crayford Stadium.

If you say so.

Ask a Question