New rig

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
not a bad setup there and reasonably priced, not entirely sure what prompted this as your current rig is pretty good

Reaction score
No worries floppy. I'll hopefully know when i can order the parts this weekend.

Me_2001 my computer is 4 years old, i need a fresh start i have so much crap on here now it's pointless! My motherboard is un known so don't want to risk doing CPU upgrade etc, never going to buy from a company again! :p

+ I want a PC that will last me another good 3-4 years especially with all these new games i want to take advantage of the quad core etc.

I am updated my room alot too, whole new system, 32" flat screen in my room, XBOX 360 elite to it etc :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Me_2001: For the sake of harmony, I deleted the last three posts on this thread.

I slept on things and I hope you'll agree with my decision :)

Now where were we?

Oh yes - Belloni, are you getting a bigger PSU?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
thats cool flopps :)

hmm i dunno about OCZ PSU's, personally i'd go for a corsair or tagan, they are however damn expensive but with a rig like that i think its worth it

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If you're really strapped for cash, the OCZ will do but as Me-2001 said, Corsair or Tagan are better.

Also, avoid Hiper & Antec, they seem to be breaking down all over the place just lately.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Go for the Corsair HX 620 mate if you can stretch to it. Its what i got. Its modular which means better cable management. and its silent too.

:)

Reaction score
Will go for that PSU then VR, thanks.

Final items are done now i think.

Took the sound card out for the cooler instead and the keyboard, as these arn't terribly vital to start with. (Plus whatever i can do to "make" it seem cheaper on here for my parents, then i'll just buy them seperatly ;)

Anything i have missed?

I have a MX1000 mouse from ages ago, i don't think i have the CD, does that matter? Will the mouse work in my new system or?

Attachments

• Final.JPG
    Final.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Belloni said:
Btw I have a MX1000 mouse from ages ago, i don't think i have the CD, does that matter? Will the mouse work in my new system or?

Yes, the MX1000 will work with your new system. You don't need drivers for it (the CD) but if you want the Logitech program that goes with it just download the latest Setpoint software from their site (I think it's 400 atm).

The MX1000 is a fine mouse but the best Logitech gaming mouse right now is the (corded) G7.

Some folks favour the Razer mice but I couldn't get on with the one I tried, a Diamondback I think it was.

Reaction score
Ahhh i see cool.

Well, just gotta talk to my dad floppy, then hopefully, i can order them this week! :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Belloni said:
So your going Vista then?

floppybootstomp said:
The MX1000 is a fine mouse but the best Logitech gaming mouse right now is the (corded) G7
Cordless G7. :)

The best corded mouse atm is the G9. :thumb:

Thats a nice spec Belloni, will see you right for a while.
nod.gif

One thing your missing though, You need a fan for that Thermalright Ultra 120. One of these will be perfect.

Looks like your good to go now. :)

Reaction score
Yeah well thought and read about it.

Crysis will only use Direct X 10 on Vista not XP, so i may aswell get Vista or there is no point getting a direct x 10 card ;)

I'll get a mouse at a later date, i still love my MX hehe

Ahh i see cool thanks for the help.

Also will i need more RAM for Vista or?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
Cordless G7. :)

The best corded mouse atm is the G9. :thumb:

oops :blush:

What I meant to say was G5 but even that would be incorrect, wouldn't it?

So when did that G9 appear then? I didn't know about that one...

I got me's a G5 for my second machine cos I didn't think the MX1000 cut the mustard for CoD2 online.

The G5 does though :)

But the G5 won't work with a PS2 KVM so I'm still using the MX1000 on machine # 3. It's a fine mouse but imo just hasn't got that edge for gaming.

Reaction score
I disagree mate i think the MX1000 is a fantastic mouse. Sure it has rivals and later versions but i use it with all my gaming and its functions are far superior to many other gaming mice out there. Wouldnt you agree?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
I disagree mate i think the MX1000 is a fantastic mouse. Sure it has rivals and later versions but i use it with all my gaming and its functions are far superior to many other gaming mice out there. Wouldnt you agree?

Nope, not at all, sorry.

The G7 and G5 leave it miles behind in responsiveness and, er, whatever it is you use to describe more online kills... ;)

Reaction score
Too much response does cause problems imho just to sensitive takes too long to get used too etc

but i do get your point. Frags?

Ask a Question