Belkin F5D8231UK4 300Mbps N1 Wireless Cable Router

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, that should work with Virgin Media :). There are a couple of people using it with Virgin on the reviews tab, which confirms it too.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That will work but you know they supply you wit ha new router dont you? Its the Dlink DIR-615. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It ain't for me, oh my goodness no, cable up here
laughingsmiley.gif

It is for a friend. They are already on Virgin cable and they want to use a laptop in another room without cables all over the place. If there is a cheaper or better solution then I'm all ears.Can me friend get a upgrade from Virgin at no cost ?

:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Netgear WGR614, cheap off the bay, Got one for the other halfs 'rents. Good router tbh. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ta V_R that Netgear looks like I can get one for £10 ish. First review I looked at tells me it has all the features I was looking for WAP2 in particular. Guess it will be speedy enough for surfing ? Question is do I spend £40 for the Belkin that can be used when the main pc is switched of or do I go cheap and cheerful ?

Hmmm tricky. It is going to be a birthday present. What to do. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well the Belkin is N1.... Question is will they use it to its full potential?

Question is do I spend £40 for the Belkin that can be used when the main pc is switched of or do I go cheap and cheerful ?
What am i missing here? The pc doesn't need to be on.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ha ha of course you are right, now I have me brain switched on I see that they are routers so of course they will work without the pc being switched on.

That makes life a lot simpler. So it is low cost and thrifty for me then.
nod.gif

Reaction score
Hi Ab, i dont wanna throw a spanner int worx but my belkin mimo needs to be reset every 10 or so hours. It just shuts off me internet and i have to plug it out and count to ten. Then its fine.

Ask a Question